wadmar2006

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend 4dr Auto
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Car thefts have gone up a bunch in my area, and I was looking to put in some extra security on my Big Bend. I wanted to keep things like remote start and landed on wiring a hidden switch into the brake light and shift interlock switch. That way I can remote start or start my Bronco normally, but can’t shift into drive unless I flip the switch.

There are 4 wires that run into the switch attached to the brake pedal (I’ll attach a photo). Green with a blue tracer, purple with a red/orange tracer, one that looks to just be all black, and purple with a white tracer. Before I go cutting wires, does anyone know which wire controls the shift lock, or have any wiring diagrams? I’ve searched through Bronco, Ranger, and F150 forums, and can’t find anything.

IMG_1921.jpeg
Sponsored

jhenson81

Big Bend
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Here's what I found:

Ford Bronco Brake light/shift lock kill switch Screenshot_20230523-112548

Looks to me like the purple/white wire may be the one you want.

Edit: you may want to break the circuit on both purples. The purple/orange looks like it could also tell the computer if the pedal is pressed.

jhenson81

Big Bend
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend

Sponsored

Badbronco24

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Has anyone tried this using CET53 as the killswitch wire to tie into? Or any other suggestions for which wire to use here?
Much appreciated for any help.
Sponsored