Sponsored

Bronco Black Diamond, 4 Cyl, MT Impressions...

jcaruso970

Black Diamond
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Day 4 with my new Eruption Green, 2-Door Black
Ford Bronco Bronco Black Diamond, 4 Cyl, MT Impressions... IMG_26641
Diamond Bronco, Non-sasq, 4 Cyl, MT:
- The 4 cyl. has plenty of power and enabled me to get the Manual Trans. I live at 9500 ft in Western CO and the turbo 4 Cyl. is ideal and the MT makes routine driving feel more connected and engaging.
- MT gear box and clutch are smooth, precise with short throws. Engaging reverse and C Gear are easy.
- Not a huge fan of the electronic parking brake - it works just fine but I would have much preferred a manual hand brake allowing more driver control to compliment the MT. (no power slides envisioned...!).
- Still not finding any 2-D Bikini tops on the internet (not a mesh Bimini top but a waterproof Bikini top). In Western CO, we get a lot of late afternoon thunderstorms so a 2-D bikini top (like the aftermarket ones for Jeeps) would be ideal.

IMG_26641.jpg
Sponsored

JT58Bronc

Base
First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2021 Miata track Edition
Your Bronco Model
Base
Nice- I originally had a Black Diamond on reserve and really wanted the manual transmission. I was so worried about performance, lead foot drivers and being able to keep up with traffic so I downgraded to base with 2.7 and went with Sasquatch. I miss the manual transmission (I had manual with 4.0 six on the 97 TJ I sold to get the Bronco) but the Sas moves real good with the 2.7 and 10 speed auto.

OP
OP
jcaruso970

jcaruso970

Black Diamond
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Nice- I originally had a Black Diamond on reserve and really wanted the manual transmission. I was so worried about performance, lead foot drivers and being able to keep up with traffic so I downgraded to base with 2.7 and went with Sasquatch. I miss the manual transmission (I had manual with 4.0 six on the 97 TJ I sold to get the Bronco) but the Sas moves real good with the 2.7 and 10 speed auto.
I was a little concerned about this too - about a year ago I drive a ranger pickup with the same engine.... Weight was different than the Bronco but it gave me some assurance as to the power and torque of the 4 cyl.

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

A drove a BD 4 door with the 10spd at a rodeo and didn't know until after that it was the 2.3!! Very strong, and with the stick, oh my would it be nice....best part is when using cruise control on highway, no hunting gears....just revs up and down.

Sponsored

F150rubyred

Black Diamond
First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2013 Lexus GX460, 2014 Mustang GT,
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Day 4 with my new Eruption Green, 2-Door Black
Diamond Bronco, Non-sasq, 4 Cyl, MT:
- The 4 cyl. has plenty of power and enabled me to get the Manual Trans. I live at 9500 ft in Western CO and the turbo 4 Cyl. is ideal and the MT makes routine driving feel more connected and engaging.
- MT gear box and clutch are smooth, precise with short throws. Engaging reverse and C Gear are easy.
- Not a huge fan of the electronic parking brake - it works just fine but I would have much preferred a manual hand brake allowing more driver control to compliment the MT. (no power slides envisioned...!).
- Still not finding any 2-D Bikini tops on the internet (not a mesh Bimini top but a waterproof Bikini top). In Western CO, we get a lot of late afternoon thunderstorms so a 2-D bikini top (like the aftermarket ones for Jeeps) would be ideal.

Nice I love EG looks good. Mine is a automatic but very much enjoy the 2.3. Sold my FJ and added a Bronco. My wife and I will be in Ouray/Telluride area early September if you want to do any of the passes?

Ford Bronco Bronco Black Diamond, 4 Cyl, MT Impressions... 1970

OP
OP
jcaruso970

jcaruso970

Black Diamond
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Yeah, sure - perhaps. Funny - I also just sold my 07 FJ to make room for my new Bronco - actually sold and picked up the new bronco on the same day... Ping me when you get into town @ 9707080159.
Sponsored