Sponsored

Bronco Gateway Module replacements on backorder.

ML's Bronco

Big Bend
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Lot's of people have been having issues with Ford Bronco Gateway Module failures and faulty software.
I'm waiting for my third Gateway Module. This one is on backorder. I've had issues since June 13th. I've had my Bronco only 11 days since then...

Has anyone waiting since August '23 received a new reprogramed module??
Sponsored

PescadorPirate

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yes, I took delivery in July 2023 and my vehicle has been with them for over 6 weeks (5 weeks continous currently). I suspect it’s a bad gateway module but they have replaced TCU, modem, cables,etc…. Nothing seems to work. Parts received were not “as built “ specs. This is a joke . You would think Ford would just fess up to this and find some way to compensate us for this trouble. I have even spoken to the executive office and still radio silence as to what is going on. Even my dealer is in the dark in this. There is absolutely no excuse for this sort of customer service.

OP
OP
ML's Bronco

ML's Bronco

Big Bend
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Yes, I took delivery in July 2023 and my vehicle has been with them for over 6 weeks (5 weeks continous currently). I suspect it’s a bad gateway module but they have replaced TCU, modem, cables,etc…. Nothing seems to work. Parts received were not “as built “ specs. This is a joke . You would think Ford would just fess up to this and find some way to compensate us for this trouble. I have even spoken to the executive office and still radio silence as to what is going on. Even my dealer is in the dark in this. There is absolutely no excuse for this sort of customer service.
Sorry to know other people are also experiencing this... My dealer (on the direction of the Ford Service Engineer) replaced the entire Wiring Harness because that part is known to be faulty too.
They did say they found a broken wire, but still, the third Gateway Module is the problem - Or the newest problem.... FYI, Ford is low balling the buyback offers. They offered me $35K for an 18 month old Bronco I bought for $46K. Hopefully these Modules will be back in stock soon.

PescadorPirate

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
There is a bigger problem here. Software isnt working with these components and the more I read about this issue there appears to be a wiring harness issue. These are big problems that sometimes take time to manifest themselves. I was lucky I had problems on delivery of my vehicle - with Ford Pass specifically. Now the vehicle has been in for service for over 6 weeks. New parts have arrived and Ford Engineers still can’t figure it out. You would think with all these problems being reported that Ford we send a couple engineers out to dealers to work on this issue and not leave until it’s resolved. Now Ford is just spitballing with my service team at the dealership and nothing is working.
Sponsored