Harmanpreet
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Accord sport
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Hi all ,

I have a 22 bronco outerbanks with hardtop. One of the back wire for back window defroster came off last year. I took it to dealership they said they can’t fix so they’ll replace the back window. I got the window replaced yesterday. It’s a little different from one I had , it shakes cause theres a little play as they had plastic trimming on this instead of rubber that mine had. You can even see inside from corner it’ll probably leak . Did they put the wrong window on mine please help I can’t find anything online about this. Here some pictures of new glass.

IMG_3809.jpeg

IMG_3808.jpeg

Sponsored

TXBronco1313

Heritage
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

I could be wrong but I feel like this could be an alignment issue rather than a wrong window. Let’s see what the others think

BigBlue7

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘23 Black Diamond Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Definitely a completely different strip/weather seal then on my 2023 BD

PWillette

Badlands
First Name
Parrie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 F250 Super Duty, '01 SS Camaro, '21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Certainly something not right. I'm not able to pull the corner of my window out as you show and I'm tight to the top, not able to flex the bottom corner as shown in your video. I'd be taking it back to the dealer for adjustment.

BigHoof

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Is the rubber seal missing under the plastic trim on the bottom of the window?

Sponsored

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Hi all ,

I have a 22 bronco outerbanks with hardtop. One of the back wire for back window defroster came off last year. I took it to dealership they said they can’t fix so they’ll replace the back window. I got the window replaced yesterday. It’s a little different from one I had , it shakes cause theres a little play as they had plastic trimming on this instead of rubber that mine had. You can even see inside from corner it’ll probably leak . Did they put the wrong window on mine please help I can’t find anything online about this. Here some pictures of new glass.

Ford Bronco Bronco hardtop back window issue after replacement IMG_3807

Hi there, Harman. This back window concern doesn’t sound like something we want you to experience with your Bronco. Could you please send us a PM with your VIN and the name and location of your Ford dealer? To send a private message, just click on our username and select "Start Conversation". I'd be happy to look into how I can assist you on my end.

Footer

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This seems almost backwards to what I have. "23 BL with a hard top and my back window has the plastic trim on the inside of the window. Window closes first and then the tailgate closes against the glass sealing the window on the inside side of the tailgate. This looks like you could almost open the window without opening the tailgate. Definitely can't do that on mine.

BigHoof

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hi all ,

Did you get this squared away? It's obvious they forgot to reinstall the seal on the bottom of the window. It also holds the glass from moving when the gate is shut. Can get you a picture if needed but they all are the same.

OP
OP
harmanhayer1

harmanhayer1

Outer Banks
First Name
Harmanpreet
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Accord sport
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Did you get this squared away? It's obvious they forgot to reinstall the seal on the bottom of the window. It also holds the glass from moving when the gate is shut. Can get you a picture if needed but they all are the same.
Thanks all for the comments, still waiting on dealership. They don’t know what went wrong I went directly to glass shop that dealership used for install. They said they might’ve missed a seal for installation. If you look at the picture carefully plastic trim is cracked as well. They cracked it while installation. Will update you all once I hear back from dealership. And this is Levittown ford in NY so try to go somewhere else for bronco services they have no idea what they are doing when it comes to bronco.

Thanks

BigHoof

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sponsored

GRB1959

Badlands
First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Edge ST, 2024 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Whoever installed the back window missed putting on the rubber gasket which goes below the black plastic piece. See the photos from my new 2024 Badlands Bronco.

P1030307.JPG

P1030308.JPG

P1030311.JPG

OP
OP
harmanhayer1

harmanhayer1

Outer Banks
First Name
Harmanpreet
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Accord sport
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Update Everyone dealership brought my car in for service and they installed the strip but they were going to replace glass cause glass company broke a hinge while installing it. They bought wrong color hinge or something so I’m still waiting on new glass with hinges. But the strip stopped window shake.

IMG_3885.jpeg

IMG_3884.jpeg

IMG_3883.jpeg
Sponsored