First Name
Emily
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
A few months ago I put my name down on a 2023 Bronco the dealer had as an incoming order expecting it to be shortcoming as it is just waiting on a railcar. It seems this Bronco is stuck in limbo at the factory and has been for a long time, built in February 2023. Tracker says it’s still “in production” but with no dates and the dealer tracker says ETA was mid-March. As of today there is still no rail number. Does anybody have any theories of why this Bronco would sit at the factory largely constructed for over a year?
Sponsored

Attachments

userdude

Badlands
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hmm, that's strange. There are lots of those 23's around I would guess (maybe not in Canada?). I got worried that my 2dr BL Sas sat in production for five weeks (what if there was some problem?). I couldn't imagine that happening with one for over a year. Unless you're getting a really good deal, I'd look elsewhere.

OP
OP

Emmaconna

Big Bend
First Name
Emily
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Hmm, that's strange. There are lots of those 23's around I would guess (maybe not in Canada?). I got worried that my 2dr BL Sas sat in production for five weeks (what if there was some problem?). I couldn't imagine that happening with one for over a year. Unless you're getting a really good deal, I'd look elsewhere.
I really want the sandstone cloth interior which is why I have been patient and havnt seen it anywhere else within my province for sale. I’m just curious if this Bronco is a lost cause as I need to have the vehicle by the end of April.

wjtinfwb

Black Diamond
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep GC, Excursion, Focus ST, Subaru Crosstrek
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
A few months ago I put my name down on a 2023 Bronco the dealer had as an incoming order expecting it to be shortcoming as it is just waiting on a railcar. It seems this Bronco is stuck in limbo at the factory and has been for a long time, built in February 2023. Tracker says it’s still “in production” but with no dates and the dealer tracker says ETA was mid-March. As of today there is still no rail number. Does anybody have any theories of why this Bronco would sit at the factory largely constructed for over a year?
No idea why it would sit for a year, but while it may be untitled, its certainly not a "new" car. Unless it's been stored covered, with the cylinders fogged and the gas tank drained, it was not prepared for a years slumber. And if out in the open all kids of surface contaminants have adhered to the paint by now. Unless there was a SUBSTATIAL discount, I'd pass and order a new '24. My '23 BB left the plant within 3 days of production and was at the dealer via rail less than 10 days later.

Murf

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'94 F150. '15 Edge
Your Bronco Model
Base
Not sure where you’re seeing a year out of protection? Looks like it was scheduled to come out of production Mar 14, 2024. Your window sticker is dated Mar 24, 2024.

Sponsored

Jazer

Outer Banks
First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.7 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Not sure where you’re seeing a year out of protection? Looks like it was scheduled to come out of production Mar 14, 2024. Your window sticker is dated Mar 24, 2024.
The blend date is at the top & shows Feb 17, 2023. That CAN be off, but I would think only by a few days at best (mine is off by 4 days). That is the date the body met the frame.

OP
OP

Emmaconna

Big Bend
First Name
Emily
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
The blend date was Feb 17,2023 which is when it was sent into production. The date at the bottom of the window sticker is just the date I printed the window sticker. The dealer log shows awaiting shipment Feb 20,2023 and the “in productions” following that are just them moving between ramps. Even if it has been in production for over a year that is still ridiculous .

Murf

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'94 F150. '15 Edge
Your Bronco Model
Base
The blend date is at the top & shows Feb 17, 2023. That CAN be off, but I would think only by a few days at best (mine is off by 4 days). That is the date the body met the frame.
True. Seeing TBD’s and Pending update in the production.

Checked with the dealer, or called into Ford might be a good call. Something is definitely off.
Sponsored