Sponsored

Bug deflectors, do they actually work on the Bronco?

EJP-OB

Outer Banks
First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I'm not sure what topic this would fall under but has anyone who purchased the bug deflector for their rig noticed ANY difference in helping divert the little bastards away from the windshield?
I understand the vertical stance of the windshield and flat front does little to help but man this is ridiculous. I literally just washed it and it's covered in bug guts.
Thanks
Sponsored

Chelada

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

We're going through a snout butterfly invasion here in San Antonio and I gotta say I feel like my bug deflector is doing its job. There's a sea of butterflies out there right now and while I still get the occasional splat on the windshield, I feel like it would be a lot, LOT worse if I didn't have my bug deflector.

2020FordRaptor

Wildtrak
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I'm not sure what topic this would fall under but has anyone who purchased the bug deflector for their rig noticed ANY difference in helping divert the little bastards away from the windshield?
I understand the vertical stance of the windshield and flat front does little to help but man this is ridiculous. I literally just washed it and it's covered in bug guts.
Thanks
It will definitely help.

SasquatchMansquatch

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4 door basquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
It seems to help get the bugs up and over the windshield. A ceramic coating also helps make it easier to wash them off when they do hit. It doesn't seem to really help prevent rock chips though, I installed a film to help with that.

Rimrattle

Outer Banks
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1969 Bronco, 2 door Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I know my vintage deflector works. Looks stupid but you can see the bugs fly over the top. It leans back when you're driving.
Ford Bronco Bug deflectors, do they actually work on the Bronco? 20221003_153327
I don't know about rocks but that is the original windshield so who knows?

Kfonte

Base
First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi
Your Bronco Model
Base
I know my vintage deflector works. Looks stupid but you can see the bugs fly over the top. It leans back when you're driving.
Ford Bronco Bug deflectors, do they actually work on the Bronco? 20221003_153327
I don't know about rocks but that is the original windshield so who knows?
Got DAMN! She’s a beaut!!!
Sponsored