Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, GMC Terrain
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Ok, I honestly feel this is a dumb question and a little perplexed by this. In the last couple of weeks or so I have noticed I'm getting pressure in my ears or a "pop" much like you would get in an airplane as I drive my Bronco. I got back into my wifes GMC Terrain and didnt have this issue. I had the top down for 4 days strait before I put the soft top back on when it started happening. Everything is sealed as possibly could be.

I was rummaging through some forums and I noticed some Jeep Wrangler owners have complained about this problem as well over the years. I have owned a 2014 2 door wrangler and never had these problems. Although it was a hardtop and not a soft top.

Anyone ever come across this issue or how to remedy it?
Sponsored

Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I get the same thing in my clunker with the sunroof unless I open one of the side windows as well. Imagine you're blowing over an old glass bottle, the pressure inside can lower slightly -- you need a vent or something open.

Sponsored

B4Forrest

Badlands
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands SAS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’m having similar issues. I’ve had my Badlands for a week and can’t figure out why the pressure is off. Any ideas?

ZipZit

Badlands
First Name
Zip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Escape, 2008 Mazda3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
There should be an air extractor behind the spare tire. It looks something like this.
Ford Bronco Cabin Pressure? 34008058_render

Those rubber flaps allow air to exit the cabin, but doesn’t allow outside air to enter. This device is necessary in all vehicles for winter heating / defrosting air flow as well as door slam hurting your ears. Normally this extractor is located low and at the rear of the passenger compartment.

Is it possible you have blocked the inside air path to this device? Stuff stored inside close to rear door? Plywood bed lift platform? Etc…?

If I had my Bronco I could tell you exactly where this is, but not sure I’m going to see mine this decade. Sigh.

BroncRocks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mariner
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Ok, I honestly feel this is a dumb question and a little perplexed by this. In the last couple of weeks or so I have noticed I'm getting pressure in my ears or a "pop" much like you would get in an airplane as I drive my Bronco. I got back into my wifes GMC Terrain and didnt have this issue. I had the top down for 4 days strait before I put the soft top back on when it started happening. Everything is sealed as possibly could be.

I was rummaging through some forums and I noticed some Jeep Wrangler owners have complained about this problem as well over the years. I have owned a 2014 2 door wrangler and never had these problems. Although it was a hardtop and not a soft top.

Anyone ever come across this issue or how to remedy it?
Did you find out what the problem was?
Sponsored