Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW GTI
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I have seen it on a Ranger. It's better looking in person than on the configurator. It has just a very slight tint of green to it. Almost unnoticeable unless you are looking for it. Unfortunately, it definitely isn't forest service green. However, if you order a white base, you can definitely get it wrapped in something very close to FS green! Would look pretty amazing...
Sponsored

K Underwood

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler, Porsche 993 911
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
When I placed my initial order, I was excited about cactus grey. It looked to me kind of like the sage green (sort of) used by the US Forest Service. I love that sage color. Anyway, it was always my impression that CG would be available on all models but I see now that it is not. This was really disappointing to me since I want my pre-retirement rig to be perfect. However, after reading the threads, I wonder if CG is actually as 'green' as it looks in the initial photos. If it's more grey than plant colored, well, I might have to reconsider. Regardless, I don't understand why Ford wouldn't make the color available for all trim levels. Jeep does this same game with their unique colors -- only making it available on higher end packages. I'm not going to spend an extra $10k on features I don't want just to get a body color. (My apologies if this has been discussed elsewhere. I searched but didn't find anything specifically on this topic of why CG is not available on the base trim.)
Here is a link to my previous post about CG as I had concerns about what interior color would be a good match with CG. WAY more pics than you probably want (and it was a cloudy day) but it may be helpful. CG really does have green tint in any light condition and looks vey unique. Sorry about N/A for CG on base..Keep in mind that new colors are coming in MY22. I LOVE CG with roast but I'm waiting to see what colors/editions will be revealed before locking in and I'm 7/14 reservation holder. My gut tells MY22 color options will be better especially with white top availability.

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/ohio-roll-call.1076/post-390285

rugbysecondrow

Black Diamond
First Name
Pauly P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 C-10 stepside
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I was torn between CG and A51 until I saw CG in person. Not worth it just to get that exact moment where the sun hits it just right and while looking at it from that one specific angle just to get a hint of green.
Now A51 with aspirations of white top, fenders and custom stripe.
This. It is way to bland and grey for me. I saw one in person and I tried every angle to find the green, and it just wasn't there. It looked like drywall to me. I went with the Big Bend just to get the Area 51, hopefully getting a white bimini top for the summer, black hard top for the winter.

OP
OP

EdNewcomer

Base
First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Base
Here is a link to my previous post about CG as I had concerns about what interior color would be a good match with CG. WAY more pics than you probably want (and it was a cloudy day) but it may be helpful. CG really does have green tint in any light condition and looks vey unique. Sorry about N/A for CG on base..Keep in mind that new colors are coming in MY22. I LOVE CG with roast but I'm waiting to see what colors/editions will be revealed before locking in and I'm 7/14 reservation holder. My gut tells MY22 color options will be better especially with white top availability.

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/ohio-roll-call.1076/post-390285

Thanks so much! I'm liking it. My local dealer tried to tell me I had until Jan 31 to convert my reservation. I later learned that it's not until March. Interestingly, the salesman never called me back before Jan 31, as promised. Car dealers! (eye roll). Anyway, I agree that a white top would be an awesome addition! I didn't know that was coming. I decided to go for an upgraded package so I can get Cactus Grey and some off-road equipment. I'm fine with getting a 2022 model so maybe I will wait to convert my reservation until later when these newer colors come out. Hopefully, CG will be available in 2022. You're right, white with a forest service green wrap of some sort would look great!