Sponsored

Changed Capable Bumper to Modular Bumper!!!

mannyjag

Badlands
First Name
Manny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Alright gang, I finally did it. I was able to acquire a Mod Bumper and had time this evening to change the bumpers! Took me longer than anticipated since I only had hand tools. I’d say about 3hrs. Sheesh!!!
I tried to record the process as much as possible. But was getting frustrated at the end because it wouldn’t sit tightly on one end. I’ll go at it again on Friday or Sunday.

A3328D47-DDF0-433F-8012-7EFC8CEA5CD1.jpeg
Sponsored

2020FordRaptor

Wildtrak
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Alright gang, I finally did it. I was able to acquire a Mod Bumper and had time this evening to change the bumpers! Took me longer than anticipated since I only had hand tools. I’d say about 3hrs. Sheesh!!!
I tried to record the process as much as possible. But was getting frustrated at the end because it wouldn’t sit tightly on one end. I’ll go at it again on Friday or Sunday.

Ford Bronco Changed Capable Bumper to Modular Bumper!!! A3328D47-DDF0-433F-8012-7EFC8CEA5CD1
Very nice!

FreddieLee

Wildtrak
First Name
Freddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Definitely a fan of the mod bumper. Is that Area 51 or 52?

Sponsored

FreddieLee

Wildtrak
First Name
Freddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Great shot of the color. Most pictures don't really depict the color very well, and yours does. In the ordering phase, I swear it was like 5 different colors, and made it hard to decide.

OP
OP
mannyjag

mannyjag

Badlands
First Name
Manny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Great shot of the color. Most pictures don't really depict the color very well, and yours does. In the ordering phase, I swear it was like 5 different colors, and made it hard to decide.
The color changes with different shades of light.
I think it’s the extra exposure I added to highlight the bumper since it was dark and I had little light outside😅

Jruta

Base
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A51 Bronco 2 door
Your Bronco Model
Base
Love the MOD bumper! It’s one of the few things I HAD to have on my base model. Looks great 👍

ChossCrimper

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Nice Work! did you get the Modular from Ford? Did you need any additional parts for the swap?

shawn6107

Badlands
First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F250, Ford Expedition Max, Chevy Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford Bronco Changed Capable Bumper to Modular Bumper!!! A3328D47-DDF0-433F-8012-7EFC8CEA5CD1
How did you get the parking sensors and wiring harness to fit behind the back shielding on the mod bumper? My capable has a longer sensor than the mod bumpers and the wiring harness is shorter. It gave me fits when I tried to switch from capable to mod.

Sponsored

Bigmoose

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Flex Ecoboost Limited
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I switched from capable to mod and I had to extend the harness for the outside most sensors. I'm sure there is probably a different bumper harness available.

FYI there is also a function in FDRS when changing from Capable to Mod. Not sure what it does but probably removes the fog function. I did not do this on mine. No issues.

OP
OP
mannyjag

mannyjag

Badlands
First Name
Manny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
How did you get the parking sensors and wiring harness to fit behind the back shielding on the mod bumper? My capable has a longer sensor than the mod bumpers and the wiring harness is shorter. It gave me fits when I tried to switch from capable to mod.
Well i tucked it behind the back shield, lots of trial and error.
the two middle sensors fit perfectly fine. i had to buy two new sensors for the outside since they
they are not the same as the capable senors.
Ford PN 15K859
Ford Bronco Changed Capable Bumper to Modular Bumper!!! 1678746671402

shawn6107

Badlands
First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F250, Ford Expedition Max, Chevy Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Awesome! Thanks for the info

RP80

Wildtrak
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco 2DR, '22 Tacoma TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Well i tucked it behind the back shield, lots of trial and error.
the two middle sensors fit perfectly fine. i had to buy two new sensors for the outside since they
they are not the same as the capable senors.
Ford PN 15K859
Ford Bronco Changed Capable Bumper to Modular Bumper!!! 1678746671402
Interesting. This part number is different from what I've seen others post. Ford parts website shows this as a rear sensor? I'm wondering because this part is like $50 instead of $200 for the part I've seen elsewhere. Thoughts?
Sponsored