Archie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Braptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

The earlier linked youtube vid addresses the plastic bumper, not the capable, which has different hooks and connects to the frame, not bolts.

I had a BD with a capable bumper, bought a modular takeoff from a guy who put a custom one on with a winch.

It's unbolting six bolts, uncliping the fogs harness pulling the capable bumper off, and then putting the mod on and putting the 6 bolts back in. It's really easy to go from capable to modular. Get a second set of hands though. I was able to do it by myself in about 45 mins. Most of that 45 mins was figuring out how to get the modular bumper up there and hold it while being able to screw the bolts back in.
the process is very easy if you dont have the sensors.
Sponsored

JTBros

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GR Corolla
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

IF you're coming from a Capable bumper, you will need sensor retainers.
M2DZ-15A862-MA
M2DZ-15A862-MB
M2DZ-15A862-MC
M2DZ-15A862-MD

If you have sensors, you will need to decide if you will retain the capable bumper wiring harness or buy the modular wiring harness about $60. It's on backorder as of 2 weekends ago when I inquired.

The two outer sensors ($250ea at my dealer) from the capable bumper will fit the modular but will push out the front when you reassemble the bumper. So, you will need to decide if you will buy new ones or just drill a hole in the back. I opted to drill the holes and it gave me more slack.

My research indicates that the part number for the sensors is LU5Z-15K859-AAPTM. AAPTM being the paint code which means these come bare and you will need to paint to match the bumper, but any LU5Z-15K859 should work. They may be a different color.

Other than that not much more.
Is following the earlier mentioned video’s process of trimming the sensors feasible? He mentions it at 11:20 just using a box cutter to nix the tabs which won’t fit.

edit: looks like the sensor retainers you linked should take care of that. And the sensors you linked that might be unpainted, they should work in lieu of the painted ones with the longer part #? May give those a try and see just how far off they are. Looks like the shorter part # ones are $40 a piece.

Last edited: