Sponsored

Cleaning plastic bumpers and fenders using combo of two armor all products = better than new

4Fords

Outer Banks
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, OuterBanks, Bigbend, Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
So I have struggled to get stains off the plastic bumpers and fenders since purchasing my first Bronco last year. Today I tried a combo of two armor all products and they all look better than when I brought it home!

3EE9D379-B10C-4FB3-8F22-18A7060455D3.jpeg

13981FDA-AF39-4EB7-90FC-6E82D87E467D.jpeg
Sponsored

OP
OP

4Fords

Outer Banks
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, OuterBanks, Bigbend, Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
next time, check out Chemical Guys Bare Bones, undercarriage spray. Personal favorite for the black bumpers and fenders on the bronco, and it lasts.
Appreciate that! Will do!

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

next time, check out Chemical Guys Bare Bones, undercarriage spray. Personal favorite for the black bumpers and fenders on the bronco, and it lasts.
Thanks for that info. I just switched from a non-sas obx to a Badlands and I was trying to figure out what to do for the flares.

Combustion_King

Badlands
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I use their entire line of products for all my stuff, and its all great. Some stuff you can get in stores, but they offer way more than what can be found at say Walmart or Autozone. Amazon has a good selection to order.

Sponsored

Moto26

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F150 4x4 SuperCab STX -- 2016 Yamaha XSR900
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Can you clean them with this stuff, or is it just a protective coating after they’re already clean?

Combustion_King

Badlands
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Can you clean them with this stuff, or is it just a protective coating after they’re already clean?
its more a protectant. i clean the truck with soap and water first, this isnt like a washless product

BroncoDymond88

Wildtrak
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia Sorento
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

That's a really harsh oil based product, I would be hesitant to use it on the plastic exterior parts. Unfortunately I don't have another option but am looking myself.

I will say the chemical guys interior cleaning product has been great

Combustion_King

Badlands
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That's a really harsh oil based product, I would be hesitant to use it on the plastic exterior parts. Unfortunately I don't have another option but am looking myself.

I will say the chemical guys interior cleaning product has been great

it says right on the bottle that it can be used on plastic and vinyl, trim and tires.

I wouldn't go slobbing it on and getting on the paint, but a clean application makes the fenders look amazing, and the rest of the stuff i use it on is bumpers and under carriage, which is what its for anyway.

Paint, i like the Hybrid Z07 for quick after wash details, but i use the Black Light sealent and the butter wet wax for the wax days.

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I was advised by a client in the detail biz years ago to never use the AA Tire products....they have something that causes deterioration. FWIW.
Sponsored