Reaction score
Website
www.mikedelninno.com
Vehicle(s)
2005 Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I get this clicking noise on the passenger side while driving. The noise is similar to having a pebble stick in the tire, that same rhythm, but it's not a constant click, rather it starts up around 30 MPH and up. It sounds like it's on the outside of vehicle but can't find anything. I thought it might be the seat belt straps, since it only happens with the windows down and/or T-Tops off, but it still occurs while holding straps tight. I'll order the seat belt clips but didn't know if anyone else is experiencing this noise under the same circumstances.
Sponsored

Ryman

Outer Banks
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Have a link to the seat belt clips? Mine make a lot of noise when the top is down. Which is constantly, because I love cruising with the top down.

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I get this clicking noise on the passenger side while driving. The noise is similar to having a pebble stick in the tire, that same rhythm, but it's not a constant click, rather it starts up around 30 MPH and up. It sounds like it's on the outside of vehicle but can't find anything. I thought it might be the seat belt straps, since it only happens with the windows down and/or T-Tops off, but it still occurs while holding straps tight. I'll order the seat belt clips but didn't know if anyone else is experiencing this noise under the same circumstances.
Good morning! I can assist with your noise concern on my end. Could you send over a DM with your VIN and Ford dealer info?

OP
OP
Mikey D

Mikey D

Outer Banks
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.mikedelninno.com
Vehicle(s)
2005 Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Good morning! I can assist with your noise concern on my end. Could you send over a DM with your VIN and Ford dealer info?
Hey guys, I appreciate the response directly from Ford. Give me a few days to test once more. I checked tires again and may have found a pebble lodged in thread. Could be the problem. If not, I'll send over requested information.

OP
OP
Mikey D

Mikey D

Outer Banks
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.mikedelninno.com
Vehicle(s)
2005 Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

SOLVED: Took one more look around all four wheels and found a small pebble lodged on outside of tire. As Homer Simpson would say, "DOPE".
Sponsored