First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
It was very easy. Another friend of mine just had his done and he’s super happy with the outcome. I now have 9800 miles on mine and everything is still working great.
Sponsored

Daxe44

Outer Banks
First Name
Dax
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
It was very easy. Another friend of mine just had his done and he’s super happy with the outcome. I now have 9800 miles on mine and everything is still working great.
That’s great. Did the dealership end up doing the work? Or was it a stand-alone shop?

Beilen77

Base
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Unfortunately the dealer couldn’t resolve the issue. I took it to a guy who used the forscan software to recalibrate the tire size. Then did a relearn on the TCM, ABS and PCM.

AntGar55

Big Bend
First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
There is a clicking noise coming from the steering column when I complete turns in normal city driving speeds. This occurs when I turn both left and right, and in both 4A and 4H modes. This is the first time I’m hearing this noise, and it’s also my first time driving in heavy-ish snow. I’m not much of a cars guy, but I’m wondering if it could be a problem with the 4WD…considering this is the first time I’ve had to engage it. Is anyone else having this problem?
I have the same noise. Dealership says it’s the ABS activating. I do have a 3.5” lift kit on mine.

Jay1Clarke

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wranger JL 4DR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I have the same noise. The dealership says it’s the ABS activating. I do have a 3.5” lift kit on mine.
I am having this same noise occur and the dealership has no idea what it is - in fact, they think I'm crazy because it only happens when in 4wd and on a slippery surface. My bronco is a stock WT and it only started happening this winter - did NOT happen last winter. Any idea what the cause or fix is or is it just "normal" like many say - which I have a hard time digesting when it was normal before?

Sponsored

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I am having this same noise occur and the dealership has no idea what it is - in fact, they think I'm crazy because it only happens when in 4wd and on a slippery surface. My bronco is a stock WT and it only started happening this winter - did NOT happen last winter. Any idea what the cause or fix is or is it just "normal" like many say - which I have a hard time digesting when it was normal before?
Can you send over a message with your VIN and the name/location of your local Ford dealer? I would like to see what I can do to assist with your noise concerns!

Jay1Clarke

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wranger JL 4DR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Can you send over a message with your VIN and the name/location of your local Ford dealer? I would like to see what I can do to assist with your noise concerns!
1FMEE5DP7NLB68621

I took into Nick Mayer Ford - Mayfield, OH. They advised the struts had ice on them. They thawed it out and said it was o.k. Once thawed I went to the back of their parking lot and it still made noise - they didn't have time to ride along.

I had it in at Montrose Ford - Fairlawn, OH. for additional issues and had them check. They found no issues on dry ground or a lift.

This past weekend there was a snowstorm and the noise was present - I called three Ford dealerships (Nick Mayer, Montrose, and Liberty Ford - Aurora, OH.) to get a tech to ride along to hear the noise while there was snow on the ground, as it only happens on a slippery service. All 3 dealerships have union techs, so only lube techs were onsite and could not have someone ride along to hear the noise. Now that the weekdays are here, the snow has all melted, so the 2nd chance to show a tech the issue has passed.

Note:
I had this vehicle in and out of service for over 3 months due to a no-start issue. It was found that the bracket that holds the brake line near the starter was not installed during assembly. This caused the brake line to move and arch against the starter. The starter, harness, brake line, and bracket needed to be replaced. This was the only work completed between last winter and this winter - not sure if it is related, but wanted to note the only known difference between the current day and the last time 4WD was used, as the noise was not present last winter season when I used 4WD
Sponsored