Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I hope they are the same tbh. I wanted the BD with steelies and possibly move to more aggressive 33,s as an aftermarket upgrade ... to Squatch or not to Squatch that is the question lol ...
I am pretty sure the modular front bumper on the BD and BL bolt onto the front one and hide it more.
Sponsored

85_Ranger4x4

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1985 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Ok, so more of a reason to sasquach i guess. I would prefer the crash bars to be designed to handle the larger wheels/tires from the factory.
If you look at the pictures they are pretty close to being in the same spot if they are not actually in the same spot.

5280Bronco

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Mustang GT, 05 Volvo V70R, 17 Mazda 6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

If you look at the pictures they are pretty close to being in the same spot if they are not actually in the same spot.
Yeah, so it may not really be an issue when fitting larger tires on the lower models. There could just be other areas that would need to be addressed.

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I hadn’t noticed those before...they could be a major problem in going to bigger tires. I hope they are bolted and replaceable with different ones. It wouldn’t leave much room for a 37.

BroncoJay

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Are these common on new vehicles
I have a 2017 tacoma don’t have them

Ans too be honest I don’t see them on any other model. Is this a ford thing?
Ans I don’t remember seeing them on any other bronco other than the BD 4 door?

Sponsored

Rednek

Black Diamond
First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco BD/2023 Maverick XLT/02 F150/68 Torino
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Are these common on new vehicles
I have a 2017 tacoma don’t have them

Ans too be honest I don’t see them on any other model. Is this a ford thing?
All the ford trucks have them now,but haven't had any clearance issues even going to 40's on S/D

codydb19

Big Bend
First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

The front crash bars definitely have a removable end piece, at least if you get the modular front bumper, but would assume it would be the same across all trims.

As you can see in the photo with the end caps removed the bar is much shorter than it is in the one with the end caps on. (Don’t use where it overlaps the tires to compare, look at how far it extends from the center section/bash plate)
Ford Bronco "Crash Bars"??? A10013C3-8055-4CF8-B5BC-A0ACF14EF5C6

Ford Bronco "Crash Bars"??? 7F8DA361-E916-4E3A-BDFE-EB9435FB1096

Also I don’t think this is a big deal. I agree it doesn’t look great in the BD pic in OP, but we’ve had all of these pics and this is the first time any of us have noticed it.

OP
OP
Studawg

Studawg

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Excursion, 96 Land Cruiser, 18 Land Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
So this is yet another thing that the federal government is FORCING manufacturers to add to their vehicles, further driving up the price, adding weight, and by the end of the day, offsetting any gains to efficiency made by the other stupid things like "Auto Start/Stop".

But luckily, from these pics, it looks like they can be unbolted and removed, which I will be doing on Day 1. Although it also looks like there will be a rear "receiver" left which is welded to the frame. Looks like I may have to cut that off depending on how obtrusive it is.

Ford Bronco "Crash Bars"??? 2021 Bronco production line factory 4

Ford Bronco "Crash Bars"??? 2021 Bronco production line factory 6

Cookieck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camaro SS, Indian Chief Vintage, Yamaha Fz1, Honda Shadow, etc
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Theyre a lot harder to notice on most bronco pics, not sure bout in person, but they’ve been on multiple ones when you go back and look harder.

4 dr outer banks badged ones
Ford Bronco "Crash Bars"??? 758E9F5E-BF39-41B5-AB53-AD5C742520E0
Ford Bronco "Crash Bars"??? 0112B018-C56E-462C-8AB2-E78D0EEB22F4

and 2 door badlands badged one
Ford Bronco "Crash Bars"??? AF0F505E-A397-4B48-BC14-B5C63988B947

Being mostly inside the wheel well it takes just the right light and angle to actually see them.

Sponsored

dcg2

Badlands
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda CR-V
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So this is yet another thing that the federal government is FORCING manufacturers to add to their vehicles, further driving up the price, adding weight, and by the end of the day, offsetting any gains to efficiency made by the other stupid things like "Auto Start/Stop".

But luckily, from these pics, it looks like they can be unbolted and removed, which I will be doing on Day 1. Although it also looks like there will be a rear "receiver" left which is welded to the frame. Looks like I may have to cut that off depending on how obtrusive it is.
I'm all for freedom and 'murica but as someone that had their foot and ankle crushed in a car crash long ago I'll be leaving these ugly ass bars right where they are.

85_Ranger4x4

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1985 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I'm all for freedom and 'murica but as someone that had their foot and ankle crushed in a car crash long ago I'll be leaving these ugly ass bars right where they are.
I have actually thought about how to add them to my old junk.

Bodge Garage

Badlands
First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Land Rover Discovery, Jeep Gladiator
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

For all of you bitching about saftey items and federal mandates I am very happy you have never had to scoop bent, broken and dead bodies out of cars. If you had you would just look at these added safety items and move on, not make a federal offense of it.. Do what you want with your trucks but please don't bitch about manufacturers trying to keep their customers alive.

OP
OP
Studawg

Studawg

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Excursion, 96 Land Cruiser, 18 Land Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
For all of you bitching about saftey items and federal mandates I am very happy you have never had to scoop bent, broken and dead bodies out of cars. If you had you would just look at these added safety items and move on, not make a federal offense of it.. Do what you want with your trucks but please don't bitch about manufacturers trying to keep their customers alive.
Its an offroad vehicle and this item detrimentally affects its ability to offroad. Its like putting a top-speed limiter on a race car, in the name of safety. Its stupid.

Life is risky. Individuals, and businesses, can weigh those risks and make their decisions accordingly. Governments have no business telling manufacturers how to make their products or people how to live.

And I can tell you, Ford wouldnt be doing this if it werent for govt-mandated NHTSA crash tests.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.