First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Truck, car, feet
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
ok just heard from Kyle - plans are still to bring this to market - if you can wait, i would. i don't have a Bronco yet so it's a no-brainer for me LOL
Should we be prepared to wait weeks, months or years?

rainman23

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Also interested

I SPEED

Badlands
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Have we heard anymore about availability for this grill?

Sponsored
OP
OP
peterh

peterh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep wrangler jlu 2018
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

just heard back and plans have stalled - not sure the issue or when it will be resolved. I will make alternate arrangements if it's not sorted out by the time I get my Bronco, but if/when Delfab produces this, I am definitely ordering one (and maybe 2)! Bummed about this

VIRUS

Badlands
First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Truck, car, feet
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This thread should be considered dead

OP
OP
peterh

peterh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep wrangler jlu 2018
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

This thread should be considered dead
you mean like most threads when they go inactive for any number of reasons? Then I agree.

Sponsored
OP
OP
peterh

peterh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep wrangler jlu 2018
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Did that strike a nerve?
nah its the internet - people complain about things - “ i want this now, why doesnt someone listen to me and give me what i want” - typical stuff doesnt really strike a nerve with me

OP
OP
peterh

peterh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep wrangler jlu 2018
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

In the meantime…
Made my own
Ford Bronco Delfab Customizable Retro Mod "Ford" Grille F95AE70E-5151-413A-99CC-848DB0904135
that is very cool! would you share how you pulled that off? i have a black diamond grill coming in any day - have the same letters you have as well - someone else on here used an aluminum kick plate to mount the letters but curious how you did yours - looks super

Ricknor353

Black Diamond
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
In the meantime…
Made my own
F95AE70E-5151-413A-99CC-848DB0904135.jpeg
that is very cool! would you share how you pulled that off? i have a black diamond grill coming in any day - have the same letters you have as well - someone else on here used an aluminum kick plate to mount the letters but curious how you did yours - looks super
Thanks - glad you like it!
It was fairly labor intensive (for me, anyway... if you are proficient at this kind of thing, it's probably pretty easy) and required a little creativity and a bunch of trial and error...

Used a piece of 3" PVC that I ripped into a strip about 1 1/2" wide (can't remember how long but I can check later - basically long enough to cover the "BRONCO" lettering) because you can't use a flat strip as these letters are OEM for first Gen's, and they are curved (see pics).

Link to OEM FORD letters: https://www.wildhorses4x4.com/category/s?keyword=9308

Lining up and drilling the holes straight enough for the letters, as they are pin on, not stick on, was a real pain also... They are held on by small bolt/clips that screw onto the pins. The PVC was too thick to get the little bolt/clips onto the pins, so I had to rout a channel into the back of the PVC pipe - be careful not to go clean through the PVC where it curves...!

Cut the "BRONCO" lettering completely out of the grille so I could pin the new "FORD" letters on after I had the PVC strip mounted, and to allow any future access. Bondoed the PVC strip over where the original BRONCO lettering had been.

To get the rounded end caps, I used another piece of PVC - but 2". These pieces were cut to fit perpendicular to the long 3" strip. It was tricky, and I tried a bunch of different things for these...

Epoxy, a little Bondo, lots of priming, sanding, painting and LOTS of trial and error and I was able to get it to look reasonably smooth from a few feet away. There are definitely some blems if you are close enough, though, but I lost patience after a couple of weeks without a grille!

I'm pretty inexperienced at paint and body stuff, so if you are relatively experienced you could probably do it better! Might even bring it to a body shop and have them repaint it and mount the letters properly. But, as proof of concept, I think it works...?
Hope this helps!!

IMG_4320.jpeg

IMG_4321.jpeg

OP
OP
peterh

peterh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep wrangler jlu 2018
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Thanks very much for the info, i am not that good with this type of stuff but will give it a go!
Sponsored