First Name
Bo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Raptor, Bronco Wildtrak, Maverick, Tesla M3
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Did anyone else have an out of the box solution such as what was posted above? I'm in a 'build vs buy' debate with myself currently.
Sponsored

jacknifetoaswan

Wildtrak
First Name
JR
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/PP
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Did anyone else have an out of the box solution such as what was posted above? I'm in a 'build vs buy' debate with myself currently.
There are these: https://www.etsy.com/listing/119191...click_sum=712e14d5&ref=shop_home_feat_3&frs=1

But you need two sets at $180 a set, and the PVC rack is about as simple as they come. Including the hour round trip to Lowe's, I could probably whip that up in 1.5-2 hours. Adding a trip to Harbor Freight and the dolly would be another hour, most.

I have the door bags (well, I have the fronts...waiting on Ford to ship the rears), so I wouldn't even concern myself with the padding. I'll probably build my rack this weekend.

JR

jacknifetoaswan

Wildtrak
First Name
JR
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/PP
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Built in less than a half hour. I will not be installing padding, though I will get a dolly to roll it around.

JR

PXL_20230308_192616069.jpg

Cool Breeze

Raptor
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Raptor; Ferrari 488 Spider; Tesla Model X
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Thank you! This was invaluable. I ended up simplifying the build and increasing the the space for each door. Specifically, instead of using those small 1 and 2.5 in pieces, I used a single pipe that was the width to the middle of the dolly. Also, I could not fit all 4 doors with 6in base pipes, so I ended up going with 9 in. This provides plenty of room with no additional strain on the joints. By adding an addition foot, it does hang over a few inches on each side. I found that you can place the doors so the pressure is inward.

I felt most comfortable with the heavier front doors being secured first in the middle 2 sections and then adding the rears.

Best "mod" yet! Thanks again

Ford Bronco DIY door storage ideas / pics? IMG_0118 2

Ford Bronco DIY door storage ideas / pics? IMG_0161
Ford Bronco DIY door storage ideas / pics? IMG_0162
Sponsored