Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Colorado ZR2 Bison
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I just finished installing my engine skids from RCI. I was going to have the dealer do the work, but decided to do it myself. I started with the transfer case skid but had clearance issues with the gas tank skid. If the dealer had done the job, I would had been charged for the failed attempt. I moved on to the front engine skid and had it done in less than two hours. I also noticed some poor work done during my dealer installed bumper upgrade.

I suggest anyone doing upgrades consider how difficult it is and doing the work yourself. You know it will be done right, no one cares more about your car. You will get to know your setup better, if something goes wrong you’ll be more likely to know how to troubleshoot/repair. Finally, you save money, labor rates are high and usually the person doing the work is someone who could care less.

I’m 60 and although not rich, I can afford to have someone do my upgrades. From now on, unless it’s deep, I’m doing it myself!

Ford Bronco DIY Lessons re-learned - RCI engine skid plates installation image
Sponsored

Last edited by a moderator:

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Good work getting it done. A lot of these things are harder in our heads than in reality.

The dealer should be the last place you consider to install aftermarket upgrades. If you absolutely can't DIY, support a local 4x4 shop instead. They're going to be better equipped for it, more knowledgeable, and probably even cheaper.