First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 4D Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I've noticed that frequently, after a heavy rain, there are dark, vertical streaks down the side of my Bronco. It almost looks like the soft top is "bleeding", maybe from the dye used to color the canvas?

Makes my Bronco look like a zebra. It's easy enough to rinse/wipe off, but I've never seen this on any other Bronco in my area, including some of my neighbors who are all rocking soft tops.
Sponsored

SquatchWatcher

Wildtrak
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Explorer ST
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Yep, same issue. Not sure if its bleed or just dirt. Somewhat annoying either way

OP
OP
Gladdox

Gladdox

Outer Banks
First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 4D Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Yep, same issue. Not sure if its bleed or just dirt. Somewhat annoying either way
A friend brought up a valid point earlier today, which was if it was dye transfer, it would come off on my hand or a cloth if I rubbed the soft top while it was wet. It doesn't.

So now I'm wondering if it's just dirt accumulating under the edge of the soft top, and when it's dripping down the body it's carrying the dirt with it?

Happycampinman

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I would bet your top is dirty. When was the last time you washed the top?

Sponsored
OP
OP
Gladdox

Gladdox

Outer Banks
First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 4D Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I would bet your top is dirty. When was the last time you washed the top?
Every time I wash my Bronco (which is about once a month) I wash the top. I use a 2300 PSI power washer and a foam cannon, and then rinse it thoroughly.

I had it professionally detailed about 3 weeks ago and it was fine. Then Friday/Saturday it rained cats and dogs and today the streaks were back. So I'm guessing it is dirt coming from the soft top. We also get a lot of pollen in our area, which is obviously fine and powdery, and perfect for dirt and dust to mix with. So I'm guessing that's what's happening.

Happycampinman

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
You may want to look into Chemical Guys convertible cleaner products. I have used them not only on the Bronco but my Jeeps as well. They really clean well and the spray protector helps between cleaning.

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

In the could have years I had the soft top on my Bronco, I don’t recall seeing that. And I have an Oxford White Bronco, so you’d think it’d show up with that colour combo.

Like others have said, I assume it’s just dirt from the top. I wouldn’t be too worried around it. If you haven’t already, maybe consider getting the Bronco ceramic coated, so whatever it is, should come off easy.

OP
OP
Gladdox

Gladdox

Outer Banks
First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 4D Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
You may want to look into Chemical Guys convertible cleaner products. I have used them not only on the Bronco but my Jeeps as well. They really clean well and the spray protector helps between cleaning.
Thanks! That’s actually the brand I’m using. But I think I’m just not spraying it sufficiently. I’m tall (6’6”) so I’ve just been lifting my arms to spray the top. But I may need to get on a step ladder and get a better angle to rinse it off properly.

OP
OP
Gladdox

Gladdox

Outer Banks
First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 4D Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Like others have said, I assume it’s just dirt from the top. I wouldn’t be too worried around it. If you haven’t already, maybe consider getting the Bronco ceramic coated, so whatever it is, should come off easy.
My Bronco is ceramic coated, which is probably why the lines come off so easily when I wipe the body panels. Washing the Bronco is a dream. Stuff just rinses off.
Sponsored