First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford 4x4, BMW, Mustang, several adventure bikes
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
How do you find what the rate is for the tbills? Or do they not release that until the date of auction?
Treasurydirect.gov post the auction schedule and expected rates. The long term schedule is posted weeks in advance. The expected rates are posted a few days before the actual auction. I say expected because they only estimate before the actual auction. The 26 wk TBill I posted about Sunday night expected to auction at 4.4%. It actually auctioned at 4.55%. Nice little surprise. BTW, its not really an auction. They set the prices, duration, and rates.

Honestly, its easier to go to your broker's website, like Fidelity and look for zero coupon new issue under their "fixed income" section for Bonds and CDs. They show the upcoming auctions and expected rates.

Best educator on this subject is this chick on YT:
She releases step by step videos on how to buy financial products based on the most common discount brokers. i.e. Schwab, Fidelity, Vanguard, et al.

FWIW, Treasure Bills usually shine in hard financial times... i.e. It's what most starting doing 40 years ago when we had a sagging market, high inflation, high gov spending, and an impending recession.... Only difference today is that its super easy for the commoner to invest... There's no commissions on TBills new issue. That's why your broker is never trying push them them to you.....
Sponsored

Hkak45

Black Diamond
First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Treasurydirect.gov post the auction schedule and expected rates. The long term schedule is posted weeks in advance. The expected rates are posted a few days before the actual auction. I say expected because they only estimate before the actual auction. The 26 wk TBill I posted about Sunday night expected to auction at 4.4%. It actually auctioned at 4.55%. Nice little surprise. BTW, its not really an auction. They set the prices, duration, and rates.

Honestly, its easier to go to your broker's website, like Fidelity and look for zero coupon new issue under their "fixed income" section for Bonds and CDs. They show the upcoming auctions and expected rates.

Best educator on this subject is this chick on YT:
She releases step by step videos on how to buy financial products based on the most common discount brokers. i.e. Schwab, Fidelity, Vanguard, et al.

FWIW, Treasure Bills usually shine in hard financial times... i.e. It's what most starting doing 40 years ago when we had a sagging market, high inflation, high gov spending, and an impending recession.... Only difference today is that its super easy for the commoner to invest... There's no commissions on TBills new issue. That's why your broker is never trying push them them to you.....
Thanks for the information! I've never really known about Treasury bills before, just EE and I bonds so I'll look into this one