First Name
JR
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/PP
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Check out the video. The driver's rear window goes up, seems to hit the seal, then automatically goes back down. This has happened with other windows in the past, but I can usually get it to stop by shutting the vehicle off, opening the door, turning the vehicle back on, then rolling the window up.

Not so, this time, and it's been happening for three days. Of course, we're in the middle of getting 4" of rain in Charleston, but at least I can park inside my garage. I can gingerly raise the window to get it inside the seal, so no water is getting in, but it's annoying that I can't use the auto-up feature.

I assume I'll need to take it to the dealer to get the window adjustment TSB done, but does anyone have a trick to fixing this until I can get an appointment with the dealer?

JR

Sponsored

Murfman

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 WildTrak, Cyber Orange soft top
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

open the window and keep your finger on the switch for 5 seconds after it is all the way open. Then close the window and do the same thing with the switch. You might have to do this a few times but it "resets" the window.

OP
OP
jacknifetoaswan

jacknifetoaswan

Wildtrak
First Name
JR
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/PP
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
That did it! Thanks!

These issues with the windows are super annoying. Besides the window not wanting to stay up, periodically, I also have the window rattle when they're partially down.

JR

Herbie

Badlands
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That did it! Thanks!

These issues with the windows are super annoying. Besides the window not wanting to stay up, periodically, I also have the window rattle when they're partially down.

JR
Did you try the fix for the window rattle and it didn't work? Instructions on how to do that are here on the Forum, took me all of about five minutes when I did it five or six months ago.

OP
OP
jacknifetoaswan

jacknifetoaswan

Wildtrak
First Name
JR
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/PP
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Did you try the fix for the window rattle and it didn't work? Instructions on how to do that are here on the Forum, took me all of about five minutes when I did it five or six months ago.
I didn't. I've seen the instructions and been meaning to try it. I'll give that a whirl before the dealer.

JR

buck_6G

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
open the window and keep your finger on the switch for 5 seconds after it is all the way open. Then close the window and do the same thing with the switch. You might have to do this a few times but it "resets" the window.
This just saved me an angry trip to the dealership. Thank you!
Sponsored