Sponsored

Engineered water resistant bikini top hack.

jcaruso970

Black Diamond
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
So many new bronco folks like me are frustrated there are no simple, inexpensive weather resistant bikini tops available (we are not talking about mesh-type - those are mainly for sun protection only).

Are there any new bronco owners who are mechanical engineers that can come up with a simple mounting hack to the top of the front windshield screen to use one of the following existing bikini tops:

https://www.amazon.com/Bestop-52508...ocphy=9030457&hvtargid=pla-432544008653&psc=1

OR

https://www.amazon.com/Bestop-52542-01-Traditional-Bikini-1966-1977/dp/B0002SA46U

I have a 2022 2 door hardtop black diamond and while the removable front hard top panels are cool, storing them in the vehicle takes up almost 100% of the storage space. Rolling up a bikini top and sticking it under the seat is a far better practical solution... I use to have a jeep many years ago with one of these cheap bikini tops and it was great for the summer months where rain or hot sun were always kicking around...
Sponsored

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

How do those linked ones attach in the front, is there a lip on the front that slides into a channel? If so it should be pretty simple to mount a channel.

OP
OP
jcaruso970

jcaruso970

Black Diamond
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
In the bikini top I had year ago, it came with a metal channel that screwed into the windshield frame. The 2022 Bronco windshield frame seems to be way more complex in shape from the top than my jeep...

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It wouldn't be the most aesthetic design, but worst case you could have brackets come off the roof rack mounts and attach the channel to that.
Sponsored