Sponsored

Factory PPF already peeling above tail lights??

bwomp91

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hey all,

Apologies if this isn’t the right location, wasn’t sure where to place it since this isn’t any sort of mod.
With the nice weather, my rear windows have been out for a few weeks and I noticed Ford installed two small strips of paint protection film above the taillights which are only exposed when the soft top windows are removed. My passenger side looks pretty good but there’s some substantial peeling on the drivers side.

Has anyone else had theirs peel? Anyone just say screw it and remove them, and if so, have you noticed any rubbing/scratching after removal? I would hate to peel them off and just enable a problem - gotta figure Ford identified a potential issue and was very deliberate in their placement. Photos below, thanks!

Driver side peeling:
Ford Bronco Factory PPF already peeling above tail lights?? DCEEEC0A-1061-4ECE-A2C4-523FB2B57241

Passenger side still looking pretty ok:
Ford Bronco Factory PPF already peeling above tail lights?? 69390A45-9587-4790-9CB9-F174B03BD773
Sponsored

Last edited:

cmcbronco

Base
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 f-150 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Base
Ya I have one side about off and I’ve only lifted the top off twice. Might just peal them off and add my own.

Pseudoko

Badlands
First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My 2 Feet
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Mine started lifting ... i touched it and it cracked right off on a corner. Not sure what product they used but it didnt bond well to the surface for my truck and it's weird that it dried out like that. I live in Southern California, Bronco is parked in the garage and I drive it maybe 2 days a week, and I have it was built in January. whatever they used for that was a horrible product.
Sponsored