First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sasquatch LUX 4Dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I picked up my beauty the other day and I saw my dealer put plates on the front of my car because state law in CT requires two plates. When I removed the front plate I saw two gaping holes where the front bracket was installed. Now I have a dilemma of leaving the plate off with two holes or putting the ugly thing back on!

I don't want it on, but I hate seeing the holes! Do any of you have a quick solution without the trip to the body shop? I am so angry that they put it on without asking me!

Ford Bronco Fix for Front Plate Holes? IMG_0742
Sponsored

NewBroncoOwner

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Base
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Sadly many of us are in the same boat. In order to have it look correct, you could take that valance off, sand it, filler, level and then paint, or just order a new valance, and wait for the backorder process, then paint it, Also possibly get an aftermarket bumper that requires that valance to be removed. Any way, its a good amount of work. I never liked those plugs, its a reminder that holes are still there. In the end, It is your rig, so you do you. Good luck on the process

Last edited:

Channels321

Outer Banks
First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 WRX, 1981 Z28
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
There was another thread about it, but this is the solution I did. Got some cheap 1/4" bumper fasteners, touch up paint, and plugged the holes.

20211212_170135.jpg

20211212_163601.jpg

20211212_163536.jpg

20211212_184320.jpg

20211212_184522.jpg

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XC90 T6 R-Design / 2020 S60 T6 AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I left my drill holes open. Although i have AMB, and it hides the black holes. You could barely notice, even if your looking for it. The bronco has to be in full sun, and you need to be with 5 feet of it, or crouching down further away. Other colors though would be much more obvious. Instead of sanding, filling, i thought best to leave alone. Bumper plugs stand out more than open holes, at least for near black colors, but could understand getting plugs on a lighter color... Besides, the bumper is plastic, so the raised drill holes wont rust. It took me a few weeks of being pissed off (since i requested for it not to be drilled), but i eventually stopped caring.

I am getting ceramic coating next week, and they may look to heat up, and push down the raised perimeter before applying the ceramic coating.

Last edited:

Sponsored

jeremy.wilson237

Big Bend
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Ford Super duty, Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I live in a state that doesnt require a front plate and the dealer put that gaudy plate bracket on there. they are buying us a new trim piece and installing it as soon as the trim piece is no longer on back order
Sponsored