First Name
justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco, 2020 wrx STI
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Anyone in the Sothern California area who has and is familiar with FORscan willing to help me make some changes / add some GOAT modes to my 2023 Bronco Badlands?
Sponsored

jonesh242

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cherokee Trail-Squak, YT Capra 29er & Decoy Mullet
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm in the same boat. Haven't purchased yet, but planning to purchase in the next week or so. Depending on what adjustments you're trying complete, you may be able to find them on youtube or in the tech section of the forum. I personally would like to add Sport mode and adjust my Badlands for 35" tires. I believe the tire size adjustment has been covered pretty well. Not sure if true, but I've read in other places on this forum that the 23' badlands may NOT be easy to add sport mode. Will see I guess.

OP
OP

JUSTIN.S

Badlands
First Name
justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I've got a 23 badlands also and yea want to add sport mode and Baja, but yea I dont have a laptop or the confidence to atemtept the changes on my own. So yea I would love to hook up with you if you are willing to?

SlowPoke

Badlands
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
What?
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I've got a 23 badlands also and yea want to add sport mode and Baja, but yea I dont have a laptop or the confidence to atemtept the changes on my own. So yea I would love to hook up with you if you are willing to?
There are youtube videos that show you how to add all GOAT modes

SlowPoke

Badlands
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
What?
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I had my OBD module sitting for months. I finally just went out to figure it out. It was easier than you would think. Watch this video.. () Follow it closely. Hes using it on an F150 or F250, but the proccess is the same for the Bronco. It was a HUGE help to me... No spreadsheet or changing digits.
Successes:
No Double Honk
Badlands now with Sport Mode and Tow/Haul mode
Orange bars on all headlight modes (not with rings off though) [[EDIT: Changed to "turn,DRL" as they failed to flash as turn signals when set to anything else]]
Bambi mode (high beams and fogs together)

Failures:
Cameras at speed
I may have to look at that again. otherwise its super easy to do.

Last edited:

Sponsored
OP
OP

JUSTIN.S

Badlands
First Name
justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thanks! Guess Ill have to just get a laptop and do this myself.
What is Bambi mode? And what is Orange bars on all headlight modes?

SlowPoke

Badlands
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
What?
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thanks! Guess Ill have to just get a laptop and do this myself.
What is Bambi mode? And what is Orange bars on all headlight modes?
Bambi mode is a setting that allows you to keep the fog lights on when the high beams come on. Normally they switch off. Its more of a preference thing, you wont really notice any difference. For the orange bars, you can make changes to when the turn signal lights (the orange bars) are illuminated. If you want them on at all for anything other than just flashing as a turn signal, you can configure them. However, you need to configure the right and left separately. I would only recommend setting them from "turn only" to "turn,DRL". This will allow them to be illuminated in the daytime when your DRL lights are on. they will not be on when using the parking or position lights, or when the headlights are full on. You CAN configure them to be on in all headlight modes as I mentioned above, however I found that doing this results in them no longer flashing when using turn signals. If you set the configuration to "Turn, DRL", They will illuminate with the DRL's, but will also properly flash when using the turn signals.

OP
OP

JUSTIN.S

Badlands
First Name
justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thanks so much for all your help!! I am feeling good about doing this my self now.

Speciosusnex

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Im up in Northern Cali, but if your in the area anytime, I can help and have everything to do it.

OP
OP

JUSTIN.S

Badlands
First Name
justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thank you so much for the offer, but I ended up ordering the OBD cable and a simple window laptop with the hope that I can make the changes I want with our issue.

Sponsored
OP
OP

JUSTIN.S

Badlands
First Name
justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I had my OBD module sitting for months. I finally just went out to figure it out. It was easier than you would think. Watch this video.. () Follow it closely. Hes using it on an F150 or F250, but the proccess is the same for the Bronco. It was a HUGE help to me... No spreadsheet or changing digits.
Successes:
No Double Honk
Badlands now with Sport Mode and Tow/Haul mode
Orange bars on all headlight modes (not with rings off though) [[EDIT: Changed to "turn,DRL" as they failed to flash as turn signals when set to anything else]]
Bambi mode (high beams and fogs together)

Failures:
Cameras at speed
I may have to look at that again. otherwise its super easy to do.
Hi Tom,
I need a little more help if you could, when you added sport and tow & haul mode did you do this under the ABS module? And what module did you find the Bambi mode, what is it called in forscan?
Thanks!

Reactions: LCW

SlowPoke

Badlands
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
What?
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hi Tom,
I need a little more help if you could, when you added sport and tow & haul mode did you do this under the ABS module? And what module did you find the Bambi mode, what is it called in forscan?
Thanks!
I left out "tow-haul" mode. There are a total of NINE available G.O.A.T. modes, however it seems the System is only designed to accommodate EIGHT of them. I think that is because the display is only programmed to display 8 Icons. That may not be the reason, but all I know is when I added every mode, only three of them ended up working. the rest said "unavailable" on the in vehicle display, even though the ForScan app said it successfully wrote the modification. Once I removed one of the modes, all the others worked correctly. As for the "Bambi" mode, There are two changes you need to make: First, go to "BdyCM Module Configuration" - Scroll down to "Fog Auto Cancel" and make sure it is set to "Disabled". Next, scroll all the way down to "Using Front Fog With High Beam", and set it to "Allowed". Write the mod, Shut off Vehicle and restart after a minute. That should do it.

Reactions: LCW
OP
OP

JUSTIN.S

Badlands
First Name
justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I left out "tow-haul" mode. There are a total of NINE available G.O.A.T. modes, however it seems the System is only designed to accommodate EIGHT of them. I think that is because the display is only programmed to display 8 Icons. That may not be the reason, but all I know is when I added every mode, only three of them ended up working. the rest said "unavailable" on the in vehicle display, even though the ForScan app said it successfully wrote the modification. Once I removed one of the modes, all the others worked correctly. As for the "Bambi" mode, There are two changes you need to make: First, go to "BdyCM Module Configuration" - Scroll down to "Fog Auto Cancel" and make sure it is set to "Disabled". Next, scroll all the way down to "Using Front Fog With High Beam", and set it to "Allowed". Write the mod, Shut off Vehicle and restart after a minute. That should do it.
Thanks for the instructions, did you go to the ABS moduel to add the goat modes?