Sponsored

Found a new Easter egg.

Felix808

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
After 746 days, a MY22 4-door Badlands Bronco :-)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

this image on the Bronco Ford page shows a Badlands with power adjustable seats
1603973606840.png
That picture is a computer generated image. Just like this Badlands apparently doesn't get a gas pedal ;)
Ford Bronco {thread} {filename}
Sponsored

centra28

Badlands
First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That picture is a computer generated image. Just like this Badlands apparently doesn't get a gas pedal ;)
I also noticed the orange accent is missing from the photo as well. probably before they knew what the package looked like in it's entirety.

Chuck_Ruck

Badlands
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, Wrangler, Eldorado, Harley, Triumph
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

With the push button start, you still have to have the clutch pushed in to start it. The problem with remote start in a manual vehicle is that you have to have a clutch override, and some people leave their vehicle in gear when parked, meaning it would lurch forward and potentially hit something. I am not sure of a vehicle on the market from the factory with manual transmission and remote start. It is a CYA for Ford.
The clutch interlock/neutral safety switch was a little sensor on a rod, that when you pushed the clutch, it rode up the shaft and disconnected the connection.
My first prototype was a piece 1" length of 1/2" PVC notched to saddle and keep the connection from happening. The down side the cruise control sensed the clutxh was kicked and wouldnt engage fuel delivery.
Prototype two was a solenoid arm that pulled a string that I tied to the interlock barrel, it held for 5 seconds then released. I got the idea from the guys with shaved door handles and remote door poppers. This gave just enough time for the remote starter to engage.

Jhuff

Badlands
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma and DR650
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If MT can have push button starting, why cant the MT have remote start as well? Toyota had one.
And I rigged my MT 98 F150 to have one. I loat the ability to have cruise control, but Ford is smarter than I am, they can work that out.
I'm not sure why factory builds don't incorporate these, but several aftermarket remote starters are designed to work with manuals.

After you stop, you initiate a sequence of events that tells the computer you are exiting. You then exit the vehicle while still idling, then lock the doors... then the computer shuts the engine down. As long as the doors are not unlocked before attempting to remote start, the computer "knows" that the transmission is still in neutral and will start. If unlocked at any point after exiting, the computer won't allow the remote start.

Silver-Bolt

Wildtrak
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor, 2020 Audi SQ5, 2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I'm not sure why factory builds don't incorporate these, but several aftermarket remote starters are designed to work with manuals.

After you stop, you initiate a sequence of events that tells the computer you are exiting. You then exit the vehicle while still idling, then lock the doors... then the computer shuts the engine down. As long as the doors are not unlocked before attempting to remote start, the computer "knows" that the transmission is still in neutral and will start. If unlocked at any point after exiting, the computer won't allow the remote start.
Liability. It only takes one idiot to remote start a manual and run over someone.

Sponsored

srotier

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco - 2 Door; 2017 Dodge Durango GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

this image on the Bronco Ford page shows a Badlands with power adjustable seats
Ford Bronco Found a new Easter egg. Screenshot_20201029-132723_Chrome
Does adding leather delete the wash-out floor and add carpet? If so, then power seats would be available on the Badlands, with leather and carpet. Not sure, I have not spec'ed out a leather Badlands, I want the wash-out floor and I'm the only one driving the vehicle, so once the seat is set, no major adjustments will be made after that!

centra28

Badlands
First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Does adding leather delete the wash-out floor and add carpet? If so, then power seats would be available on the Badlands, with leather and carpet. Not sure, I have not spec'ed out a leather Badlands, I want the wash-out floor and I'm the only one driving the vehicle, so once the seat is set, no major adjustments will be made after that!
No, I am pretty sure that it's been confirmed that power seat adjustment is NOT an option in the Badlands with either MGV or Leather. You still get the washout floor regardless of the choice. I cannot recall the reference because I have read so much!

Space Cat

Wildtrak
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon 1st Edition, etc...
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
There is a button in the back of the glove box. When you push it while driving in reverse at precisely 21 mph it activates the light grey seat material.
Wouldn't be that hard to wire up. Good idea. Thanks for the tip. My granddaddy had a 2-door 66 Galaxy 500 fastback with the bucket seats and 390 4 barrel. It had a hidden switch inside the glove box to activate the emergency flashers. He didn't know of its existence but I happily revealed it when we (I mean he,...I was only 11) ran out of gas on the elevated freeway in Oklahoma City. He was quite pleased by my industriousness when I ran off to the nearest off ramp and returned 10 minutes later with a tow truck and can of gas. The moral of the story?
Sponsored