Sponsored

Going to go visit the Bronco I ordered and say goodbye today.

Zerethusta

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 4 Door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Oct 31 2021 I ordered a 4 door badlands, 2.3l Manual, sasquatch, lux, soft top (because the dealer told me it'd speed up production). Re-ordered 11/2022, and got my "you're in production" email 2/27/2023. Not a single update since then, so I finally gave up and went to the lot to see what they had and they had almost the exact same build in the same color but with hardtop (which I wanted), v6 (therefore automatic, and ending my lifetime of only ever owning vehicles with manual transmissions), and leather instead of the cloth seats I would have preferred (gets sweaty down here in the southwest desert). Since cloth is out and marine grade vinyl is in, seemed like why NOT go leather if I'm going to be a sweaty mess anyway, so I pulled the trigger.

That was 3 weeks ago yesterday.

A week ago from yesterday I got an e-mail. "Your Bronco is built". Yesterday I got a text from the dealer. "Your Bronco is here".

There's a small part of me that wants to yoink the hard top and swap it over and sell the v6, but honestly I am appreciating remote start. Going to go give 'er the once over at the dealer and hope she finds a good home since nobody I know is both a) in the market and ii) able to drive stick.

Gonna be a sad day, but at least my gooch won't be leaving a mark on the seat when I drive away from what should've been another in a long line of 3 pedal vehicles living in my garage.
Sponsored

ex_nyer

Badlands
First Name
Chokes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, Land Cruiser, Outback
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Gonna be a sad day, but at least my gooch won't be leaving a mark on the seat when I drive away from what should've been another in a long line of 3 pedal vehicles living in my garage.
[/QUOTE]

I wanted the v6 but not at the price of losing the MT ... when my day1 reservation got pushed to '22 I seriously thought about a new color but again I stayed with my CO ... gotta get what you really want especially when you wait so long! You'll be happier in the long run

mcinfantry

Badlands
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands 2 door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Oct 31 2021 I ordered a 4 door badlands, 2.3l Manual, sasquatch, lux, soft top (because the dealer told me it'd speed up production). Re-ordered 11/2022, and got my "you're in production" email 2/27/2023. Not a single update since then, so I finally gave up and went to the lot to see what they had and they had almost the exact same build in the same color but with hardtop (which I wanted), v6 (therefore automatic, and ending my lifetime of only ever owning vehicles with manual transmissions), and leather instead of the cloth seats I would have preferred (gets sweaty down here in the southwest desert). Since cloth is out and marine grade vinyl is in, seemed like why NOT go leather if I'm going to be a sweaty mess anyway, so I pulled the trigger.

That was 3 weeks ago yesterday.

A week ago from yesterday I got an e-mail. "Your Bronco is built". Yesterday I got a text from the dealer. "Your Bronco is here".

There's a small part of me that wants to yoink the hard top and swap it over and sell the v6, but honestly I am appreciating remote start. Going to go give 'er the once over at the dealer and hope she finds a good home since nobody I know is both a) in the market and ii) able to drive stick.

Why did you buy a vehicle 3 weeks before yours got built?

you didn’t read the your vehicle is scheduled for production email??

OP
OP

Zerethusta

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 4 Door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Why did you buy a vehicle 3 weeks before yours got built?

you didn’t read the your vehicle is scheduled for production email??
I did. Jan 19th when I got the tracker email, and several times since the last update on Feb 27th. Was told the lux, manual, and sasquatch all were delay probabilities and that the dealer tracker told them it was in storage rather than the build lot, so really had no idea how long it would be.

Just got back from test driving my build and I'll say, those vinyl seats were way sweatier than the leather, and when parking it my hand went for the handbrake after putting in first and... My muscle memory screamed. I really dislike the knee located parking brake, but 20 some odd years of "put in first hit handbrake turn it off" is easier to break with an auto Trans than a manual.

If they come out with a future v6 manual option I may well look at trading, but for this model year I think I'm happier than I'd have been had I waited.

Ninjak

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 2021 Bronco Badlands 68 GTA
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Great. Well, at least you went and checked it out! Now you see what you have is not half bad :)
I went with leather in mines, I did not need those MGV. Vinal does get hotter than leather, at least it feels like it does.

I mentioned to my wife her Bronco could be built: OBX 2 door, non SaS, LUX, and Hard Top. I ask her if she would give up her Limited sport for it. She said she would need to take a look, but that answer might be no. She loves her limited, and it is the top-of-the-top package, I doubt she would give it up.
Sponsored