Sponsored

Goodbye Mustang, Goodbye Ranger, Hello Brono!

LoneRider

Outer Banks
First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Hey all, new Bronco owner as of last Friday!

I lucked into a new 22 Outer Banks 4dr that someone cancelled on. While I had been casually "looking" at the new Bronco's since they were announced, I wasn't actually shopping or trying to buy one.

I took my wife’s Escape in for an oil change and saw it on the lot. Figured it was a used or demo 21. Surprised to see it was new and not spoken for. We are (were) a three Ford family, I had a 2017 Mustang and a 2019 Ranger
Came back up with my 2019 Ranger and worked out a reasonable deal with it and my Mustang (GT convertible) in a two for one trade.

Absolutely loving it so far, had 6 miles on it when I took it for the test drive, has over 250 now.

I had been looking at them since they were announced but never on to order and wait. Figured I’d get one around 2025 or so when the novelty wore off. Glad I was in the right place at the right time!
Ford Bronco Goodbye Mustang, Goodbye Ranger, Hello Brono! 68917F86-02C6-4876-A9A7-F5F14223D253
Sponsored

Last edited:

Stage 3 Motorsports

Badlands
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.stage3motorsports.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands 4 Door 2.7L Ecoboost
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
As a mustang lover its hard to say congrats on this one, but congrats and I hope you enjoy it!

Dadsquatch

Outer Banks
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I lucked into a new 22 Outer Banks 4dr that someone cancelled on. While I had been casually "looking" at the new Bronco's since they were announced, I wasn't actually shopping or trying to buy one.

I took my wife’s Escape in for an oil change and saw it on the lot. Figured it was a used or demo 21. Surprised to see it was new and not spoken for. We are (were) a three Ford family, I had a 2017 Mustang and a 2019 Ranger
Came back up with my 2019 Ranger and worked out a reasonable deal with it and my Mustang (GT convertible) in a two for one trade.

Absolutely loving it so far, had 6 miles on it when I took it for the test drive, has over 250 now.

I had been looking at them since they were announced but never on to order and wait. Figured I’d get one around 2025 or so when the novelty wore off. Glad I was in the right place at the right time!
Congrats! Curious if you were able to work a deal or if they charged you ADM?

osoblanco

Badlands
First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Congratulations!

OP
OP
LoneRider

LoneRider

Outer Banks
First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

As a mustang lover its hard to say congrats on this one, but congrats and I hope you enjoy it!
I loved mine, but to be honest it just wasn’t really practical for me. Spent 8 months of crap weather in the garage, only put 3000 miles on It last year.

Congrats! Curious if you were able to work a deal or if they charged you ADM?
Well, on paper it ended up about $8K over sticker. Got good amounts for my trades though. $37K for the Ranger I paid $37,500 for ($8750 under sticker) - would loved to have paid less, but given the market and popularity that just isn’t going to happen unless you order, wait, and have a good dealer to deal with.

Mustang needed tires (20”, would have been about $1800) Was getting ready to extend the warranty on the Ranger (about $2500) and going from those two to just the Bronco dropped my insurance by $1200/yr so I’d be spending the money anyway :sneaky:

The only thing I would have different if I’d ordered is the factory tow package and a different color (mine is Carbonized Gray) I don’t dislike, it pretty close to the Magnetic Metallic of the Mustang I had. Really like both the Race and Hot Chili Pepper Reds. CG would be my third choice though.

Sponsored

rtazz17

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford bronco big bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
No pictures so it never happened

OP
OP
LoneRider

LoneRider

Outer Banks
First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition

Ford Bronco Goodbye Mustang, Goodbye Ranger, Hello Brono! 68917F86-02C6-4876-A9A7-F5F14223D253
What a sweet ride! Thanks for being a loyal member of the Ford family.

zombie

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands (7spd) 2022 Mustang GT PP
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I traded my S197 mustang in on my Bronco, then went out and bought an S550 :)

BroncoPls!

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Rivian R1S, 22 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The only thing I would have different if I’d ordered is the factory tow package
If it had factory tow, it might not have been on the lot in the first place, constrained item. For the limited towing capacity, the Bronco has, just add an aftermarket with the 4 pin connector.

OP
OP
LoneRider

LoneRider

Outer Banks
First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

If it had factory tow, it might not have been on the lot in the first place, constrained item. For the limited towing capacity, the Bronco has, just add an aftermarket with the 4 pin connector.
I took a look under the rear end before committing. Looks like it will be the easiest hitch install I’ve ever done. Hitch and harness on the way from trailer.com, should be here in a couple days.
Sponsored