Sponsored

Got the call this morning....Dealer scare tactics?

TennesseeBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sedan
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I got the call this morning from my dealer to schedule putting in my order next week. I'm going in on Wednesday. I missed the initial call and he left a voice mail. His voice mail was interesting. Not sure if it is dealer scare tactics or the truth since apparently it's not supposed to matter when you put in your order to maintain your place in line. At least that's what we keep being told by Ford. Here's a transcript of his voice mail. His exact words......"we need to go ahead and get you scheduled to put in that order. It's going to be a very scarce and very limited production for us and you are on our top list. Please give me a call back to schedule that time to get in. Again, I express the importance of a sense of urgency on this before that spot gets pushed off to someone else."
Sponsored

Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I got the call this morning from my dealer to schedule putting in my order next week. I'm going in on Wednesday. I missed the initial call and he left a voice mail. His voice mail was interesting. Not sure if it is dealer scare tactics or the truth since apparently it's not supposed to matter when you put in your order to maintain your place in line. At least that's what we keep being told by Ford. Here's a transcript of his voice mail. His exact words......"we need to go ahead and get you scheduled to put in that order. It's going to be a very scarce and very limited production for us and you are on our top list. Please give me a call back to schedule that time to get in. Again, I express the importance of a sense of urgency on this before that spot gets pushed off to someone else."
I think the dealers are in a bit of a frenzy and still processing the 30 page document Ford sent them. Consider it a positive thing that he considers you within his dealerships allocation. That's a blessing not many of us will receive

Sean492

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
70 Ford Mustang Boss 302 and 2011 Ford F150 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The dealer may have also discovered that they have low allocation compared to reservations and is trying to get commitments from the reservations at the top of the list, not necessarily a bad thing.

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just go in March and tell him, “my spot is my spot so cut the shit.”

OP
OP
TennesseeBronco

TennesseeBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sedan
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I agree that could be the case. But that puts me in a bind. Like many, I was planning on waiting to put in my order a bit to see how things shake out. But now I'm worried that if I do that I'll lose my place in line for the allocation. Which supposedly isn't supposed to happen.

Sponsored
OP
OP
TennesseeBronco

TennesseeBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sedan
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Are there any downfalls in going ahead and submitting my order?

Burndog

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I agree that could be the case. But that puts me in a bind. Like many, I was planning on waiting to put in my order a bit to see how things shake out. But now I'm worried that if I do that I'll lose my place in line for the allocation. Which supposedly isn't supposed to happen.
You can change your build till March 19. That's when the order bank is closed.

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You’re not going to lose anything. Tell him straight up you know he has his head up his ass and quit lying to you. He knows the process.

BigFootie

Heritage
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 ES-350, 2022 Badlands Sport, 2023 Heritage Ed
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Are there any downfalls in going ahead and submitting my order?
Only if they ask you for 50k up front and non refundable! You can still make changes up until the vin is released and scheduled.

Sponsored

lowmpg

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Trying to convert reservations to orders man, that's the game right now. This persons tactic is to apply pressure. They want to show corp they can convert anything they get to allow them more allocations. Business.....

Squatch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Dealers are just trying to get real commitments from people and it is just a standard sales tactic.

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

You’re not going to lose anything. Tell him straight up you know he has his head up his ass and quit lying to you. He knows the process.
But say it in a way to let him save face so he will still work with you during negotiations.

Apples

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep JLUR, 2004 Lexus GX470
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
The major concern I'd have with waiting until March is capacity at the dealership to contact every customer. I don't want to wait until March 18th and then the dealer not have time to work with me and everyone else who waited too.

Worst case, you get your deposit in, and you bother him regularly to make changes as you see fit.

200.gif

OP
OP
TennesseeBronco

TennesseeBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sedan
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
So I know I can change my order until March 19th. But can I change my dealer after submitting an order? For example, I submit my order with my dealer and they don't want to come down on price from MSRP. But a month later after everything shakes out I find out another dealer within driving distance is offering 5k off MSRP. Can I move my order to that new dealer? I'm trying to figure the best way to go about this while getting the best deal.
Sponsored