Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ram 1500, Kawasaki Versys 300x
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I had to replace a headlight assembly due to a fender bender. The body shop installed a new one but it is not fully functioning. High and low beams work, as do the turn signals. DRL not working on that side. Also the front turn signal doesn't work on low brightness (parking lights). My question is, is the whole assembly faulty or is this something the dealer can fix by flashing a module or something. Base headlights btw
Sponsored

Copperhorse73

Wildtrak
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 4 door Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Not sure if the plugs are same driver and passenger but if they are I’d try the known working assembly on the other side, just plug it in, and see if everything works. That would at least narrow down the issue to bad headlight or wiring

2020FordRaptor

Wildtrak
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Not sure if the plugs are same driver and passenger but if they are I’d try the known working assembly on the other side, just plug it in, and see if everything works. That would at least narrow down the issue to bad headlight or wiring
I'd just take it back to the shop that did it.

OP
OP
JGloss

JGloss

Big Bend
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

They ordered another one before I picked it up. I'm just hoping that's all it is. Be careful with your broncos..this nightmare has been going on since may. 🙄

OP
OP
JGloss

JGloss

Big Bend
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Update: 2nd replacement unit is having same exact issue. They also said they tried the driver side unit on that side to eliminate a wiring problem. 🤷‍♂️ getting real sick of thus. Sent a msg to ford rep on here. Not sure what else to do.

Sponsored

Lifeliberty

Base
First Name
Moonbeam👀
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
93CBR900RR, (prior)88 Bronco Manual 4.9L str 6
Your Bronco Model
Base
Sounds like your dealer/ body shop is the problem not Ford.

Ford gives you working parts, but it takes someone caring enough to find and solve the problem.

Afaik, lights are plug n play. Sounds like your wiring is messed up from the accident or they ordered the wrong light.

OP
OP
JGloss

JGloss

Big Bend
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

How could it be wrong though..aren't there only base or signature? And if the body shop is being truthful, and tried the known good light on the other side and it worked, I think that would rule out the wiring problem. I only messaged them to see if there was anything being missed, such as it needing to be programmed or something. Obviously it's not their fault..it worked originally.

LowerSlowerDelaware

Base
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback, Chevy S10 Ram 3500
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

You need to reset your DRL optioning with the FORscan and USB-OBD2 cable

Also, did the shop check all the fuses?

OP
OP
JGloss

JGloss

Big Bend
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Is this something I should have the dealer do? Haven't looked into forscan much. Do I have to have a laptop?

OP
OP
JGloss

JGloss

Big Bend
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Not sure about the fuses. I'll have to take a look tomorrow. Seemed unlikely as all the lights were working just not all the time.

Sponsored

LowerSlowerDelaware

Base
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback, Chevy S10 Ram 3500
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Not sure about the fuses. I'll have to take a look tomorrow. Seemed unlikely as all the lights were working just not all the time.
Then you need to check the DRL optioning with FORscan. Takes a Windows Laptop and the USB/OBD2 cable.

Checkout the FORscan threads

Last Ride Bronco

Wildtrak
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan pup
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Tell your insurance agent that the body shop can’t solve it and take it to the dealership. Let your insurance pay the dealership to resolve the issue.

jc613

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hi! I am having this EXACT same issue after a fender bender. Installed new headlight and no one can get it to work. We have now taken it from the colision repair to the dealership and they can't figure it out either. Can you tell me if you ever got this resolved and WHAT they did exactly???

jc613

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I had to replace a headlight assembly due to a fender bender. The body shop installed a new one but it is not fully functioning. High and low beams work, as do the turn signals. DRL not working on that side. Also the front turn signal doesn't work on low brightness (parking lights). My question is, is the whole assembly faulty or is this something the dealer can fix by flashing a module or something. Base headlights btw
Hi, I know this was from 9 months ago or so. But going thru this exact same issue with our 2021 Ford Bronco after a fender bender. Colision Center did EVERYTHING and couldnt figure it out. So we picked it up and it has now been at our Ford Dealership for over a week and they can't figure it out?! Wondering what you ended up finding out to fix the issue? Any help appreciated. Thanks!

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Hi, I know this was from 9 months ago or so. But going thru this exact same issue with our 2021 Ford Bronco after a fender bender. Colision Center did EVERYTHING and couldnt figure it out. So we picked it up and it has now been at our Ford Dealership for over a week and they can't figure it out?! Wondering what you ended up finding out to fix the issue? Any help appreciated. Thanks!
Ask them if they did the headlight Initialization procedure after replacing it.
Sponsored