First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Compass
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
FWIW, I went with Mabett seat covers and stuck aftermarket amazon heated seat kit onto the MGV of my Black Diamond, under the covers. Put the switches in the same place as the guy further up the thread and tapped into fuse #2 with an add a fuse tap and a 10 amp fuse.

I used #2 because it is off with ignition. Could use #3 if you want to be able to have them on all the time...but i figured i would eventually leave them on and come out to a dead battery.

J

rsmag9

Base
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford's
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

FWIW, I went with Mabett seat covers and stuck aftermarket amazon heated seat kit onto the MGV of my Black Diamond, under the covers. Put the switches in the same place as the guy further up the thread and tapped into fuse #2 with an add a fuse tap and a 10 amp fuse.

I used #2 because it is off with ignition. Could use #3 if you want to be able to have them on all the time...but i figured i would eventually leave them on and come out to a dead battery.

J
I'm looking to do the same. Any tips on how to route the wires? Thanks!

DirtyGSer

Black Diamond
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Compass
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I'm looking to do the same. Any tips on how to route the wires? Thanks!
You can actually pry out..a little, the lower edge of the ctr console all the way back most of the way until there is a clip or something...then sort of tuck the wires in behind. I cut a piece of lamp cord (multi strand 12 ga black sheathing) about 2 feet longer than laying it along side looked like i needed. Popped the window switches out using the orange tool that came with the Mabett seat covers...and was able to fish things where they needed to go. I used add a fuse tap 10 amp in slot 2 i think and zip tied the wire so where it runs across above your knees ( inside the panel where EVERYTHING is sharp edged) so it won't cut itself.

rsmag9

Base
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford's
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

You can actually pry out..a little, the lower edge of the ctr console all the way back most of the way until there is a clip or something...then sort of tuck the wires in behind. I cut a piece of lamp cord (multi strand 12 ga black sheathing) about 2 feet longer than laying it along side looked like i needed. Popped the window switches out using the orange tool that came with the Mabett seat covers...and was able to fish things where they needed to go. I used add a fuse tap 10 amp in slot 2 i think and zip tied the wire so where it runs across above your knees ( inside the panel where EVERYTHING is sharp edged) so it won't cut itself.
ok thanks!
Sponsored