Reaction score
Website
www.mikedelninno.com
Vehicle(s)
2005 Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Hey Group, been long time lurker and have benefited tremendously fro this forum. Until now I’ve not had a reason to post but really would appreciate any insight y’all might have. Here is the summary of my situation.

My wife saw the initial PR from Ford on the new bronco years ago and fell in love with the robins egg blue and white top. As y’all know, it was in the initial press photos but has been missing as an option until the Limited Heritage Edition.

7/14/20 - Reservation confirmed
9/6/22 - got the generic email stating the rules of engagement for existing reservation holders and existing 2022 order holders or you would lose the reservation. The statement circled gave my wife too much hope. We made a game plan with the dealer as my wife has been waiting with an early reservation in hand for this very model.
1666634413135.png

10/5/22 - Order Confirmation Received (see attached) - the lady that handles the ordering at the dealer even came in on her day off at 7 to be one of the first orders in for the Limited edition in the chance it mattered or would help my wife. The dealer has been very helpful throughout this entire process.

1666634168883.png

10/18/22 - Ford cancelled order and my status was reverted.

Owner of the dealer called to personally apologize. Said he had talked to his regional rep and a few others he knew up the chain and they are giving him the we are sorry, Ford has decided to change the rules on the Heritage Limited and we apologize to the customer here but they can’t get a Limited Heritage Edition. He said he’s been told they are now just allocating to dealers vs allowing customer orders and if got one we could have it but our order is in fact cancelled.

I realize this has been an all around cluster bomb by Ford but an about face that quick even surprised me a bit. Thoughts? I guess finding out you are out soon is better than much later.
I kinda get it. Heritage Limited Edition = strong market demand = inflated market price.

But no way to roll out a Legacy Limited Edition Model.

On the good side, the aftermarket do-it-yourselfers can still customize their rides in any Heritage Edition they want.

I will say, I really did like that Red/White 2DR. Maybe one day, but in the meantime, I decided to trim out Red/Black/Chrome.
Sponsored

BlakeD69

Badlands
First Name
Blake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Range Rover Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm sorry Ford's comms were not consistent (and I think they did you dirty)...This is not the answer you are looking for, but you could retro any trim to your hearts content and most likely spend way less than the likely very hefty dealer mark ups most of these Heritage LE's will get.

It's what I did...

312409637_1264203017737606_5953233114611920706_n.jpg
Very nice

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 5.0 LX, 08 F-150 Stepside, 22 Expl Timberline
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

There is always this option.

😁

Broncolands

Badlands
First Name
Ricardo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GLE350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I am in the same boat. I converted to HLE and even signed a DORA. Then I contacted my dealer about the cancellation and this is what I got back:

"We let our customers know that if they selected the heritage editions there were very slim chances for production….the article is correct in that dealers will only receive maybe 1 for HLE"

But she gave me the option to keep the reservation. Inasked what happen if I do not get it, can I keep my place in line and still move to my original Badlands? She told me there are no place in line anymore and she never told me what will happen if Ford cancel the HLE orders.

So due the lack of consistent info I decided to convert my order back to Badland SAS.

Let's hope I get mine eventually in few years :)

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

I am in the same boat. I converted to HLE and even signed a DORA. Then I contacted my dealer about the cancellation and this is what I got back:

"We let our customers know that if they selected the heritage editions there were very slim chances for production….the article is correct in that dealers will only receive maybe 1 for HLE"

But she gave me the option to keep the reservation. Inasked what happen if I do not get it, can I keep my place in line and still move to my original Badlands? She told me there are no place in line anymore and she never told me what will happen if Ford cancel the HLE orders.

So due the lack of consistent info I decided to convert my order back to Badland SAS.

Let's hope I get mine eventually in few years :)
Good choice

Sponsored

jason9m9

Big Bend
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Chevy Camaro
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I wanted to replace them, but I couldn't find an after market option for oxford white trail sights (I didn't look too hard either)...but I found these:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0B2L6SJM8?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0B2L82T9N?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details

They're "cheap" and helped me further the retro look I was trying to go for...I would swap if an oxford white replacement came on the market. Am getting the Advanced Fiberglass Textured White top when they start shipping them in December. That'll be the last phase of the transformation for a while.
I had ordered a set of these myself for an order that is hopefully coming by end of year. I thought it was a solid option for getting that look without having to take off, replace, or paint the current trail sights. And sure they seem cheap just being plastic and adhesive but other than that they seem good yeah? Not intrusive in anyway blocking hood from opening or anything like that? Seemed like one of those crazy simple solutions for something that would otherwise cost a couple hundred more then likely when that option is available.

GypsyDRB

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I had ordered a set of these myself for an order that is hopefully coming by end of year. I thought it was a solid option for getting that look without having to take off, replace, or paint the current trail sights. And sure they seem cheap just being plastic and adhesive but other than that they seem good yeah? Not intrusive in anyway blocking hood from opening or anything like that? Seemed like one of those crazy simple solutions for something that would otherwise cost a couple hundred more then likely when that option is available.
Yup. No issues installing. The plastic on one of the tail gate hinges had to be popped into the crease a bit, but wasn’t a big deal.

6gtexanbronco

Raptor
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco Raptor, '74 Wagoneer, '20 Navi
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I haven’t, not even sure where to start but will look into it. I keep thinking maybe I’m just missing something…hoping this group may have some wisdom! Thanks!
I would take to twitter, referencing Ford. They will quickly reach out and want you to direct message with them from my personal experience. This is probably salt in the wound but that looks like a great build. Hope it works out, even if it isn't the limited edition.

jdbabb4247

Outer Banks
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Hey Group, been long time lurker and have benefited tremendously fro this forum. Until now I’ve not had a reason to post but really would appreciate any insight y’all might have. Here is the summary of my situation.

My wife saw the initial PR from Ford on the new bronco years ago and fell in love with the robins egg blue and white top. As y’all know, it was in the initial press photos but has been missing as an option until the Limited Heritage Edition.

9/6/22 - got the generic email stating the rules of engagement for existing reservation holders and existing 2022 order holders or you would lose the reservation. The statement circled gave my wife too much hope. We made a game plan with the dealer as my wife has been waiting with an early reservation in hand for this very model.

10/5/22 - Order Confirmation Received (see attached) - the lady that handles the ordering at the dealer even came in on her day off at 7 to be one of the first orders in for the Limited edition in the chance it mattered or would help my wife. The dealer has been very helpful throughout this entire process.

Owner of the dealer called to personally apologize. Said he had talked to his regional rep and a few others he knew up the chain and they are giving him the we are sorry, Ford has decided to change the rules on the Heritage Limited and we apologize to the customer here but they can’t get a Limited Heritage Edition. He said he’s been told they are now just allocating to dealers vs allowing customer orders and if got one we could have it but our order is in fact cancelled.

I realize this has been an all around cluster bomb by Ford but an about face that quick even surprised me a bit. Thoughts? I guess finding out you are out soon is better than much later.
Just when I thought we were over all the Bronco nonsense, here we go again!!!

1666634413135.png

1666634168883.png

Just when I thought we were over all this Bronco nonsense, here we go again!!!

Sponsored

Rusty Sheckelford

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Rusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
What would be the point of them NOT limiting the number of limited edition Bronco's? I'm sure in 30 years we'll see one cross the Mecum stage and the announcer will tell us...this Limited Edition Bronco was 1/150,000 built.

Thats the point of a limited edition...you make it unique and limit the quantity to 1/1966 two doors, and 1/1966 four doors. They do the same thing with the GT..and the cars actually increase in value. If you want the Heritage Limited...talk to dealers, get you name in the hat for one, most dealers are only going to get one...look for small town dealers, ask them what they're doing with theirs....or wait for them to show up on Bring a Trailer/Carmax/Carvana, we all know thats where alot will show up.
Well that's an easy question to answer, to make more money and make customers happy.

Ford makes zero dollars from a hypothetical bronco being sold at a car show in 30 years, but they can make money today just by selling more broncos with more expensive options.

NasBronco

Badlands
First Name
Naomi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Last edited:

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
If you can’t get one, the HE Bronco is a great option. Good luck!
Honestly I'd rather have the HE than the HEL, since I have no interest in a heritage with a 10-speed automatic.

But for some stupid reason, you can't order a Heritage COLOR on the Heritage Model.

Jojotddm

Wildtrak
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep GC / BMW M3
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
So I was an early reservation order holder that has been put in code 99 (I think that is what they call it) but need to re-order before 11/19 (maybe 11/20) or lose my reservation entirely and get my deposit back (which I do not want to happen). My dealer has told me I can buy their one allotted HLE if / when they get it at MSRP (although I have nothing in writing stating that). I had originally called the day the Heritage editions were announced and expressed my interest so he told me I could buy their dealer allocated one if / when they get it, being the first person to inquire.
As I have read here, Heritage Limited Editions will be dealer allocated only which they can do whatever they want with them (hopefully my dealer will sell me theirs at MSRP).
What I find odd, is the dealer is telling me they have no say what-so-ever on how their one HLE will come equipped. Could be a 2 door, could be a 4 door. Could be Robins Egg Blue or whatever other colors it finally comes in. Options will completely decided by Ford.

Dealer is suggesting I re-order my previously reserved Bronco, which I plan on doing tomorrow morning and then wait to see what HLE version they get and he will then allow me to decide which to buy and he will sell the other one.
I just don't know if they will have enough HLE info before my newly ordered Bronco actually comes in. My biggest worry would be if my ordered Bronco (a Wildtrak) comes in, I then decide to not buy that but wait for the HLE and then the dealer sells that out from under me and I end up with no Bronco at all...

NasBronco

Badlands
First Name
Naomi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So I was an early reservation order holder that has been put in code 99 (I think that is what they call it) but need to re-order before 11/19 (maybe 11/20) or lose my reservation entirely and get my deposit back (which I do not want to happen). My dealer has told me I can buy their one allotted HLE if / when they get it at MSRP (although I have nothing in writing stating that). I had originally called the day the Heritage editions were announced and expressed my interest so he told me I could buy their dealer allocated one if / when they get it, being the first person to inquire.
As I have read here, Heritage Limited Editions will be dealer allocated only which they can do whatever they want with them (hopefully my dealer will sell me theirs at MSRP).
What I find odd, is the dealer is telling me they have no say what-so-ever on how their one HLE will come equipped. Could be a 2 door, could be a 4 door. Could be Robins Egg Blue or whatever other colors it finally comes in. Options will completely decided by Ford.

Dealer is suggesting I re-order my previously reserved Bronco, which I plan on doing tomorrow morning and then wait to see what HLE version they get and he will then allow me to decide which to buy and he will sell the other one.
I just don't know if they will have enough HLE info before my newly ordered Bronco actually comes in. My biggest worry would be if my ordered Bronco (a Wildtrak) comes in, I then decide to not buy that but wait for the HLE and then the dealer sells that out from under me and I end up with no Bronco at all...
This has already been confirmed by Ford. The dealer has no say in the HLE build they get.
Sponsored