still_waiting

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla, VW.
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
So I bought a rear storage pocket a while back. Never installed it though. Just kept putting it off…..

Recently the cargo netting on the driver side rear passenger door came undone. I’ve only had the bronco a few months. So I asked the dealer if they could replace it under warranty and they said yes. Turns out the entire door panel needs to be replaced to fix this simple issue. It’s absurd. The dealer wasn’t even aware of this and scoffed at the ridiculousness of it.

In any event, since my rear doors don’t have screws, any storage pocket I want to add requires me to drill holes or use self tapping screws…whatever. To my knowledge all rear bronco doors are like this. The heads up here is this: Had I installed the rear pocket storage through means of drilling holes, I would have voided the warranty and had to pay some $600 for a new panel in order to just replace that crappy cargo net. Sure am glad I put it off. I’d keep those off unless you guys don’t care about the cargo net.
Sponsored

Dral97

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Wrangler YJ and 392, BMW 4 series
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I screwed the rear ones on mine. Just kept the mesh there. Jeep does that mesh crap too. Worthless. I think the mesh is plasti-welded in or something. You can replace (or at least take it out) by drilling out the attachment areas after you take the panel off.

I watched a vid of someone putting the plastic pocket on since his mesh ripped. He just said screw it and cut the mesh out with scissors lol.

Ford Bronco I wouldn’t add a rear storage pocket…. 50DC87BD-8176-469B-95BA-2D593C84F0DE

Last edited:

Eddie_bower

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
92 bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
So I bought a rear storage pocket a while back. Never installed it though. Just kept putting it off…..

Recently the cargo netting on the driver side rear passenger door came undone. I’ve only had the bronco a few months. So I asked the dealer if they could replace it under warranty and they said yes. Turns out the entire door panel needs to be replaced to fix this simple issue. It’s absurd. The dealer wasn’t even aware of this and scoffed at the ridiculousness of it.

In any event, since my rear doors don’t have screws, any storage pocket I want to add requires me to drill holes or use self tapping screws…whatever. To my knowledge all rear bronco doors are like this. The heads up here is this: Had I installed the rear pocket storage through means of drilling holes, I would have voided the warranty and had to pay some $600 for a new panel in order to just replace that crappy cargo net. Sure am glad I put it off. I’d keep those off unless you guys don’t care about the cargo net.

if you had installed the rear pocket storage, no need for the net!

OP
OP

still_waiting

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla, VW.
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
if you had installed the rear pocket storage, no need for the net!
that’s true. I just felt as new as the bronco is, no way the cargo netting should have just come undone like that.
Sponsored