Sponsored

Inadequate Headlight Brightness. Aftermarket head light recommendations?

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Find someone that has a 2019 Chevrolet Colorado and drive it around for an evening. I promise when you come back to the Bronco you'll think it's daytime outside with the stock headlights at night. My Colorado had the most god awful headlights, and I was shocked at how bright the headlights were in the Bronco. My wife and kids even commented about the difference.
Sponsored

Dmorty217

Black Diamond
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camery
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I have the morimotos and they’re much brighter. Have had them 8 months and some leds are different colors than what I tell the app. Morimoto will warranty them but I have to go without headlights for however long it takes for shipping there and back or I have to spend $1300 on a set and then they refund me after they receive and process my defective ones. So I guess I’m not driving at night for however long this takes. Just something to keep in mind. (Traded in my factory headlights to morimoto when they were giving significantly more money for your factory lights than they are currently)

JonDW29

Wildtrak
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Find someone that has a 2019 Chevrolet Colorado and drive it around for an evening. I promise when you come back to the Bronco you'll think it's daytime outside with the stock headlights at night. My Colorado had the most god awful headlights, and I was shocked at how bright the headlights were in the Bronco. My wife and kids even commented about the difference.
I was gonna say the same thing about the halogen headlights in my F-150! I went with Morimotos there, but haven't had a need in the Bronco yet. I've found the LED headlights to be pretty sufficient. I do use the fogs from the BD pocket kit I'm running on the road, but can't really see a need for more than that on the street. Offroad is obviously a different story.

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I was gonna say the same thing about the halogen headlights in my F-150! I went with Morimotos there, but haven't had a need in the Bronco yet. I've found the LED headlights to be pretty sufficient. I do use the fogs from the BD pocket kit I'm running on the road, but can't really see a need for more than that on the street. Offroad is obviously a different story.
I'm trying to decide whether to go with BD or DD on my pocket lights. I take forever to make decisions.

ChrisB351

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2dr Bronco, 2005 ZX6r, 1993 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

All 50 states allow the use of fog lights. What you are referring to are "off-road" lights or auxiliary lighting. But FOG lights (when you are using SAE fogs) are legal to use.
In Louisiana it is illegal to drive with fog lights on (even oem) unless inclement weather. Ive been stopped multiple times for this along with several friends. Its not something they normally do but if theyre looking for an excuse theyll use it.

Sponsored

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Raptor & 2021 Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

In Louisiana it is illegal to drive with fog lights on (even oem) unless inclement weather. Ive been stopped multiple times for this along with several friends. Its not something they normally do but if theyre looking for an excuse theyll use it.
Friggin Louisiana. That's so weird.

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I'm trying to decide whether to go with BD or DD on my pocket lights. I take forever to make decisions.
Baja Designs for the best quality
Diode Dynamics to get more for your money.

Baja makes a better light and we have far less issues with Baja Designs. But you will spend more.

Diode Dynamics costs less but they make a brighter light when you compare the Pros and Max. They also offer a back-lighting option.

We do have more RMA's with Diode Dynamics but Diode nailed that down to a bad batch that had been produced earlier on.

LIfetime warranty with Baja compared to 8 years with Diode Dynamics.

Baja has a better powder coated finish compared to Diodes.

But as I said, you can get more light for your money with Diode Dynamics and if you are not off-roading every week then Diode Dynamics are perfect.

We offer complete kits for both: https://www.4x4truckleds.com/vehicle-specific/ford/ford-bronco/2021-bronco/

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Baja Designs for the best quality
Diode Dynamics to get more for your money.

Baja makes a better light and we have far less issues with Baja Designs. But you will spend more.

Diode Dynamics costs less but they make a brighter light when you compare the Pros and Max. They also offer a back-lighting option.

We do have more RMA's with Diode Dynamics but Diode nailed that down to a bad batch that had been produced earlier on.

LIfetime warranty with Baja compared to 8 years with Diode Dynamics.

Baja has a better powder coated finish compared to Diodes.

But as I said, you can get more light for your money with Diode Dynamics and if you are not off-roading every week then Diode Dynamics are perfect.

We offer complete kits for both: https://www.4x4truckleds.com/vehicle-specific/ford/ford-bronco/2021-bronco/
Thanks for all the info. Guess I need to go do a bit more reading. I had kind of decided on Baja Designs, but reading over what you posted makes me think I should reconsider Diode Dynamics. For some reason I like the way Baja Designs look better in the modular bumper pockets.

Dumb question, but does the back light option just allow them to run amber like a day time running light? Thanks

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Thanks for all the info. Guess I need to go do a bit more reading. I had kind of decided on Baja Designs, but reading over what you posted makes me think I should reconsider Diode Dynamics. For some reason I like the way Baja Designs look better in the modular bumper pockets.

Dumb question, but does the back light option just allow them to run amber like a day time running light? Thanks
It's just an ambiance type of light for effect. You can't really see it that well during the day.

The Baja Designs S2 SAE are really nice. A popular setup is 2 pairs of those (white and amber) and a Driving/Combo light.

ChrisB351

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2dr Bronco, 2005 ZX6r, 1993 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Friggin Louisiana. That's so weird.
Yea we got some stupid laws.. But we also have some others that make up for it. Like how a piece of tape over the lid of a styrofoam cup classifies as a closed container as long as you dont put the straw in it. Thats how we get away with drive thru daiquiri stores :)

Sponsored

Ryslegit

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Badlands Sas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Have the same issue with light output at night (especially in rain) in the rural area I'm in but still busy enough I can't use my aux lights. Ended up throwing on some Baja Designs S2 SAEs in amber and have some alpharex headlights waiting to get installed on as well.

UtahGreg

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘17 Ram 1500 ecodiesel and ‘18 VW Atlas SEL
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hey there!

We would recommend checking out our SAE-compliant fog light options to supplement your low beams.

You'll find two great options for your Bronco such as our Elite Series lamps or SS3 LED pods that are offered in 6k white or 3k yellow.

2021_ford_bronco_elite_foglamp_location_close_driver_on.jpg

1694526372001.png

If you prefer the highest-performance OEM projector-style fog lamp that supplements your low beams, our Elite Series fog lamps are the route to go for a crispy clean cut-off.

2021_ford_bronco_fog_off_customer_milton_h_b.jpg

1694526402331.png

However, our SS3 fog light kit is highly popular for more of an off-road appearance and is offered in 3 power levels if you want to take it up a notch!

SS3_vs_Elite.jpg

Elite_vs_SS3_Studio_Sport_Pro_Max_Yellow_Comparison.jpg

SS3_vs_Elite2.png

Elite_vs_SS3_Studio_Sport_Pro_White_Comparison.jpg

Any additional questions, we'll be happy to help! 🙌

US In-House Customer Service Team:

Hours: Monday-Friday 10 a.m. - 5 p.m. CDT
Email: [email protected]
Phone: 314-205-3033

1694526690108.png
Do you have any installation videos for the diode Dynamics stage series 3" fog light kit 2021+ ford bronco with the Capable Bumber? Also any discount codes for new Bronco owners? i finally picked up mine Monday after 2 years. I want to add some SS3 SAE amber fogs to my bronco asap.

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Do you have any installation videos for the diode Dynamics stage series 3" fog light kit 2021+ ford bronco with the Capable Bumber? Also any discount codes for new Bronco owners? i finally picked up mine Monday after 2 years. I want to add some SS3 SAE amber fogs to my bronco asap.
I'm an accountant.. And easily put them on. So happy.

Lcubed

Badlands
First Name
l
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW golf r, 2023 ManBadSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have a 2022 Black Diamond that has , in my opinion , pretty dim headlights . Are there any after market lights out there that’ll replace the OEM lights ?
i'd check the headlight aiming first, especially if you've done any mods that change the stance.

FoxFour281

Black Diamond
First Name
Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Mustang GT, 02 Expedition EB
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

A lot of OEMs get alignment to the 'good enough' zone and call it good.

I had a 2016 Mustang which has HIDs. For all the hype of OE HID lights the output sucked... It came from the factory pointing down just a little too far that most would never notice. Since I had to commute through the countryside, this misalignment became a issue.
Adjust the lights up a tad and see if that helps.
Sponsored