First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Itā€™s good article, but I think the best way to stop the price gouging is for consumers to stop paying these prices. They only charge it because they are getting it.

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Once again Farley, and company show that they couldn't give a shit less how us lowly Bronco buyers are treated. But God forbid a dealer try those tricks on their beloved EV buyers. Farley's a dick, Ford sux, and I'm the worlds biggest sucker for hanging onto any hopes of getting a build date for my Bronco. But, I wait..........:rolleyes:

@Ford Motor Company Maybe you can answer this question for us. Why is it Farley, and Ford care so much about their EV buyers, when they couldn't care less about us Bronco buyers. Seems a bit hypocritical don't you think?

Last edited:

Bronc-Itus

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜18 F250, ā€˜88 4Runner(sold)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Love to read this article but the Washington post is requiring me to purchase a subscription. Pay walls suck almost as bad as ADMs.

PDiddy

Black Diamond
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Love to read this article but the Washington post is requiring me to purchase a subscription. Pay walls suck almost as bad as ADMs.
Thatā€™s weird, I didnā€™t have to have a sub to read it.

Sponsored

phocion

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Why is it Farley, and Ford care so much about their EV buyers, when they couldn't care less about us Bronco buyers.
If the Bronco fails as a product (and it's not), it doesn't really matter much in the grand scheme of things. They're just back to not having a direct Wrangler competitor. Ford was perfectly okay with that, and only developed the Bronco to avoid shutting down MAP and pissing off the UAW.

Getting badly outcompeted in EVs, on the other hand, is viewed as an existential threat to the company.

Ford looks at EVs as one of the keys to their future. They are desperate to not screw it up. The Bronco is more of a sideshow hobby. Whether Ford is correct in these assessments, only time will tell. But they will cater to EV customers over Bronco customers 10 out of 10 times.

Drex

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 SLK55 AMG, '15 Indian Chief, '15 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Once again Farley, and company show that they couldn't give a shit less how us lowly Bronco buyers are treated. But God forbid a dealer try those tricks on their beloved EV buyers. Farley's a dick, Ford sux, and I'm the worlds biggest sucker for hanging onto any hopes of getting a build date for my Bronco. But, I wait..........:rolleyes:
You'll have to outlast me to get the title of biggest sucker!* There is no anticipation left, no joy, it is simply habit to keep the order in just because it costs me nothing at this point and maybe a miracle will happen to spice it up a bit. Sunk cost, just riding it out until I get a schedule notice in the next few years, then I will decide. Hell, might even keep the reservation/order even if I get something else, just keeping the options open costs me nothing, not even time (as it would pass by in any event)

*(which might not be that hard, the new 4Runner rumors or even a Grand Cherokee, once they get the straight six in it, are calling my name. I tolerate the popping, leaky, poorly constructed roof for the manual transmission, if getting an automatic, lots of other choices for me. I don't need a (relatively lengthy) roof removal process on a new vehicle when I already have an actual (hard top) convertible and a motorcycle.)

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

You'll have to outlast me to get the title of biggest sucker!* There is no anticipation left, no joy, it is simply habit to keep the order in just because it costs me nothing at this point and maybe a miracle will happen to spice it up a bit. Sunk cost, just riding it out until I get a schedule notice in the next few years, then I will decide. Hell, might even keep the reservation/order even if I get something else, just keeping the options open costs me nothing, not even time (as it would pass by in any event)

*(which might not be that hard, the new 4Runner rumors or even a Grand Cherokee, once they get the straight six in it, are calling my name. I tolerate the popping, leaky, poorly constructed roof for the manual transmission, if getting an automatic, lots of other choices for me. I don't need a (relatively lengthy) roof removal process on a new vehicle when I already have an actual (hard top) convertible and a motorcycle.)
I get it brother. I really don't need a Bronco, I just want one. As I get older I find myself saying "Don't miss out on anything you want, life's too short". Like you I have convertibles, and I even have a Jeep. So, I'm not missing out on any fun. I've bought Fords for years, and I've never seen the company keep their customers in the dark like they have with the Bronco. I guess that's what really aggravates the crap out of me. I'm a big boy now, and I can handle the truth. But, it seems Ford doesn't have the truth in them anymore when it comes to the Bronco.
Sponsored