Sponsored

It’s 8 months, should I buy something else?

Squatched007

Badlands
First Name
S.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Depends it's a crapshoot. I wouldn't be surprised if you get a VIN tomorrow. It doesn't make any sense. If you're willing to wait 2+ years stick with it, but if not cancel your order, don't let the dealerships win and save the chips for patient fools like me. And for the love of the lawds, don't go putting in multiple orders.
Sponsored

JeebusCripes

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘94 M998, ‘89 Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Bro, if they haven't gotten a vin, you will more than likely get bumped to MY23 and that's a good thing. It means you get a one year newer Bronco with a MUCH cheaper price. Plus you know they should have most of the bugs worked out.

What do you mean a much cheaper price?

BottleShark

Badlands
First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nautilus, Samurai, 12v Dodge, Fiero, Karma Ghia
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Sponsored

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
I'm sure the MY23 price will go up and you should get 2022 price.
Folks who ordered a MY21 had to pay MY22 prices. No price protection across model years unless you had a very early order.

Anyone who ordered after March 19th 2021 got screwed over on that.

Alex Sector

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado ZR2
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have a 12/16/21 order, i have a nightmare order of a velocity blue Wildtrak lux, hardtop and hitch, other than order confirmation there’s no updates but getting antsy about buying an alternative until the bronco arrives, my question is do you think I’m in it for the long-haul and should I buy an alternative or wait it out in hopes it arrives by the end of the year? Let me know your thoughts thanks
Everything is a mess right now. Go look at other forums and see what others are saying about truck orders. I'm holding out and will be surprised if I see it before next summer. I set myself up for 1.5 year delivery. I can't buy a 'nice' new truck in my area without paying excessive ADM. Depends on your needs and wants. I want a Bronco, but need a truck. I'm trashing my wife's SUV in the meantime ☹ which I've convinced her to trade in for the Bronco... whenever that time comes.

Austin Bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Triumph Street Scrambler
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I’d say buy something else and trade it in whenever the Bronc comes in

BottleShark

Badlands
First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nautilus, Samurai, 12v Dodge, Fiero, Karma Ghia
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Folks who ordered a MY21 had to pay MY22 prices. No price protection across model years unless you had a very early order.

Anyone who ordered after March 19th 2021 got screwed over on that.
I don't think so.
" Ford is offering price protection to customers forced to re-order a 2022 Bronco if their 2021 factory order was never fulfilled due to production problems. "
Ford Offering Price Protection For Bronco Buyers - CarsDirect

If you had turned you MY21 res to an order you got the protection. The people saying they got screwed are the ones who res a Bronco but never converted it to an order (either because they didn't know or what ever). I ordered mine 12/15/21 and had like $2000 of price protection when I picked it up. So anyone who has a confirmed order 2022 order, that gets bumped to 2023, should get the price protection. They are doing it with the F150 Lighting and Mavrick too.

Sponsored

gryphon1231

First Name
dj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
na
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I have a 12/16/21 order, i have a nightmare order of a velocity blue Wildtrak lux, hardtop and hitch, other than order confirmation there’s no updates but getting antsy about buying an alternative until the bronco arrives, my question is do you think I’m in it for the long-haul and should I buy an alternative or wait it out in hopes it arrives by the end of the year? Let me know your thoughts thanks
day 1 hour 1 reservation and I just took delivery of my loaded Wildtrak with HOSS 3.0 last week.

You'll know with in the next month or so whether your schedule for a MY22 model or pushed to
MY23

M4Madness

Base
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Base
I'm pretty sure that there is no price protection for someone who ordered a MY22 early and gets bumped to MY23. They are price protected from mid-year increases, but not next year increases.

That said, I've seen quite a few 12/21 orders get scheduled recently, so I'd at least hold out another couple of months.

old goat

Big Bend
First Name
Raul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Colorado
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
20 months and its on the train as I type . half way between MAP and Celina , TX. :D :D :D😍🤪😛😛😛 and here is the baby pic coming off the assembly line
WAIT IT OUT , YOU WILL GET A PICTURE TOO !!! SOONER THAN YOU THINK ;)
Ford Bronco It’s 8 months, should I buy something else? image

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
7/14/20 res, delivered 7/18/22...you got a long way to go. If you need a vehicle soon buy something else and hold your order until it arrives.