Nelson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mach-E 4X, 23 GC Limited
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

I went to the last Texas Off-Roadeo of 2022 last Friday. What an incredible day. If anyone has ANY doubts about whether they should go … GO! (Or if not, give me your pass so I can go to another location!).

I had pretty high expectations going in, but they truly exceeded them. The experience was made even better by the fact that we had a really good group. 7 Broncos in our group, and all but three of them had 2 people in them. I ended up in the only non-Sas Bronco, but it was so fully capable of everything we did, other than bumping a couple of things due to the lower clearance. I have even more confidence in my Sasquatch Bronco now, after putting that one through the course.

Popeye was our guide, and we all thought he went above-and-beyond. All the staff was great (Hollywood, Ace, Hammer, and all of them) — you can tell they love their job, and why wouldn’t they?

I hope they decide to offer a second visit, even if they charge for it, bypassing the basics and learning even more.

So I just wanted to praise them here; hopefully their bosses and Ford see this — they deserve some love! Merry Christmas everyone.

BAF39B01-8968-4B34-A1C3-1B109AA95820.jpeg
592EB959-7EC4-4A46-A776-C9372B131878.jpeg
5DFA1E1E-43FD-40C7-985D-69B71104FF8F.jpeg
Hey.. nice to meet you! I'm in the Orange WildTrak SAS at the end... and also the person that probably should have flipped over on the final crawl lol.

Popeye was awesome. I highly recommend this event to ANYBODY. Even if you just have a Bronco order... ATTEND AN OFF-ROADEO! Where else can you drive somebody's Bronco for 4+ hours over rough trails?
Sponsored

Tex

Wildtrak
First Name
Cliff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Kinda wanted to go to one of these just to goof off, but there were too many reasons not to go for me. Couldn't bring my two girls who were probably more excited about it than I was, the cost would've gotten out of hand if they were allowed, and couldn't use my own Bronco. Nice to see that they're a success though, means more people out on the trails will have some experience to work with.

voxel

Heritage
First Name
Nelson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mach-E 4X, 23 GC Limited
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Kinda wanted to go to one of these just to goof off, but there were too many reasons not to go for me. Couldn't bring my two girls who were probably more excited about it than I was, the cost would've gotten out of hand if they were allowed, and couldn't use my own Bronco. Nice to see that they're a success though, means more people out on the trails will have some experience to work with.
You do not want to do this with your Bronco. Lol.

Last edited:

Tex

Wildtrak
First Name
Cliff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

You do not want to do this with your Bronco. Lol
Why not? It's seen similar on trails locally. The only kind of trails I don't go for are the ones where body damage and pinstriping are pretty much guaranteed, and those Broncos look pretty clean from what I've seen.

voxel

Heritage
First Name
Nelson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mach-E 4X, 23 GC Limited
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Why not? It's seen similar on trails locally. The only kind of trails I don't go for are the ones where body damage and pinstriping are pretty much guaranteed, and those Broncos look pretty clean from what I've seen.
They are well maintained vehicles.

I scraped my undersides a few times and one of the hills had a few Broncos burn rubber as they got stuck in a rut. For the $300-ish (which $200 gets refunded) I'd recommend trashing their Broncos and not your own :)

Sponsored

airforceteacher

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW sedan, Eruption Green OBX on order
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Going next weekend, and bath nervous and excited. Anything I should read, or newbie videos to watch beforehand? Or is it better to go novice so you only listen to the instructors?

SubmarineNuke

Wildtrak
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twitch.tv
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

You do not want to do this with your Bronco. Lol.

why not?

The Trail Guide isn't going to let you damage the Bronco if you follow their instructions. I woulda done "2 Step" in my Wildtrak. There wasn't any obstacle on the trails that I don't think my specific Wildtrak couldn't have handled /shrug I did the Texas Offroadeo before taking my Wildtrak to Colorado and doing the Alpine Loop, it made me much more comfortable in my Wildtrak. And every time I go offroad I get more and more comfortable and more "in tune" with my Bronco.

OuterJersey

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda, Toyota,VW, Lexus, Triumph, Honda MC
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Hmmmm I have 2 girls over 18 but now I’m worried they do this with me they will be taking mine and beating it on their own
Sponsored