Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Hello everyone,
I just joined today but I have been using the forum for about a year as my goto for information on all things Bronco.
I finally got around to using Forscan on my 2023 Wildtrak today to disable the ACM EQ and also disable the double honk.
Afterwards I went online to figure out how to get all my windows to go up with the keyfob because I found the sticky posted
spreadsheet confusing on that topic. I am not sure if I need to change settings in all of the modules listed or what. So, I googled and
came across this video on the double honk and all windows up and down feature. Obviously, (or maybe not so much), this is a British
market so there are differences in what features are available in America. I have checked my own Bronco and it looks like the double honk feature cannot be disabled in the bronco's own settings without Forscan. I already used Forscan to do the chirp sound but had that confused with double honk. I will never find it in the parking lot with the lock honk disabled. Thanks to @Cux211 for setting me straight.

Here is the video:
Sponsored

Last edited:

Cux211

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 ram 2500 Laramie blackout cummins
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
We don’t in the US it’s a safety feature because some jackass did something stupid then had a lawsuit for millions, only way to disable in the states is forscan, certain programmers and the dedicated double honk killer devices

OP
OP

Itsthattime

Wildtrak
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

We don’t in the US it’s a safety feature because some jackass did something stupid then had a lawsuit for millions, only way to disable in the states is forscan, certain programmers and the dedicated double honk killer devices
Actually, we do have the double honk disable feature in settings under "Locks". I went and checked right after posting this just to be thorough. I edited my original post. At least on the 2023 Wildtrak it's there. Not sure about the others. It's sync 4 so they all should I would think.

Cux211

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 ram 2500 Laramie blackout cummins
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Actually, we do have the double honk disable feature in settings under "Locks". I went and checked right after posting this just to be thorough. I edited my original post. At least on the 2023 Wildtrak it's there. Not sure about the others. It's sync 4 so they all should I would think.
I think we are talking about two different things most commonly the double honk is referring to if you get out of the vehicle while running and shut the door it boubke honk and scares the shit out of you there is no way to disable this in settings, what you are referring to in settings is simply the audible when locking the doors with the fob I think

OP
OP

Itsthattime

Wildtrak
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I think we are talking about two different things most commonly the double honk is referring to if you get out of the vehicle while running and shut the door it boubke honk and scares the shit out of you there is no way to disable this in settings, what you are referring to in settings is simply the audible when locking the doors with the fob I think
You are absolutely correct. My mistake. We were talking about the same thing; I just misunderstood the video and what was actually being disabled. Glad I disabled it in forscan then. LOL

Sponsored

Sunday Money

First Edition
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Cool. Take a quick video.

OP
OP

Itsthattime

Wildtrak
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Cool. Take a quick video.
I updated my original post. I was mistaken and the feature is for the honk when you lock the door, not the double honk that scares everyone half to death.
Sponsored