Sponsored

KC Light Bar Installed But Causing Soft Top Flapping. Any Fixes?

ArkieBronco

Base
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Base
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Put the KC pro6 bar on about a week ago. The flapping on the soft top is driving me insane, and honestly I’m worried that it’s going to tear up my top.

Are there any fixes for this?
Ford Bronco KC Light Bar Installed But Causing Soft Top Flapping. Any Fixes? BE740899-72EC-4AC8-BD22-6A28CD0BB06A
Sponsored

Kfonte

Base
First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi
Your Bronco Model
Base
Wish that was an option. I’m about ready to sell the light bar.
Damn! I just installed mine, I would’ve taken it off your hands. I have a hardtop and get no noise. I’ve read that others with soft tops have the same problem. Sorry man, sucks. Hope you exhaust all options before letting it go. Good luck
Ford Bronco KC Light Bar Installed But Causing Soft Top Flapping. Any Fixes? 4AC2F37D-2DD4-4197-BA5B-F9D714ADCE75
🤞🏼

EgreenBadSquatch

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That’s why I bought a bumper light bar for my soft top.

Sponsored

wyobronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Clint
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco Black Diamond 2 DR
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Wish that was an option. I’m about ready to sell the light bar.
If you decide to sell, I would be interested. no clue how to fix that flapping though.

First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 1973 International Scout II
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I was in the same boat, but around Halloween I went to walmart and bought a egg crate bed topper about 2 inches thick and forced it on top. All they had available was a queen at that time unless I wanted a super expensive one, but I am sure a full or twin will work better. It made a world of difference honestly. I can have a normal conversation and I don't hear outside noise. Around spring time I will take it off so I can flip the top back again. I was so close to selling the lights at that time, glad this was a solution.

Fitz with a bronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 bronco obx
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I was in the same boat, but around Halloween I went to walmart and bought a egg crate bed topper about 2 inches thick and forced it on top. All they had available was a queen at that time unless I wanted a super expensive one, but I am sure a full or twin will work better. It made a world of difference honestly. I can have a normal conversation and I don't hear outside noise. Around spring time I will take it off so I can flip the top back again. I was so close to selling the lights at that time, glad this was a solution.
Any pics? Like you just shoved it up top?

Keerplunk

Big Bend
First Name
Izzy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Jeep JKU, 2022 Cyber Orange 4Dr Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Tried 3 different light bars and 4 mounts and could never resolve the flapping, Ended up just calling it and working on a bumper light set up In conjunction with my 4 pods at the A pillar. What i am saying is Sans Hardtop there is no fix!

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Raptor & 2021 Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Put the KC pro6 bar on about a week ago. The flapping on the soft top is driving me insane, and honestly I’m worried that it’s going to tear up my top.

Are there any fixes for this?
Ford Bronco KC Light Bar Installed But Causing Soft Top Flapping. Any Fixes? 4AC2F37D-2DD4-4197-BA5B-F9D714ADCE75
Nope. You changed the aerodynamics therefore it's going to do that.
Sponsored