First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘22 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Can anyone recommend a Long Island dealership for transmission work? I am experiencing the dreaded manual grinding/scraping noise, which is apparently covered by a TSB. My regular dealer is Hempstead but they are so backed up its impossible to even get an appointment.

If anyone else has experience getting this issue addressed on Long Island I would greatly appreciate your feedback.
Have the same grinding/scraping noise coming from my MT. I purchased from Hassett Ford in Wantagh. Brought my Bronco in for an oil change about 2 weeks ago and they had their transmission tech look at it. He heard the same noise and they ordered the TSB parts to fix. Could not give me a time line as to when they’ll have it though.

They seemed courteous & professional and I was in & out in a few hours. Might want to give them a shot - not too far from Hempstead.
Sponsored

CyberOrangeBadlands

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘22 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Anyone know when the next Long Island 4x4 class will be held? Anxious to get out on the beach and do some surf casting but have never taken any vehicle out on the beach. Need to learn more about it.

BroncoA512021

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Can anyone recommend a Long Island dealership for transmission work? I am experiencing the dreaded manual grinding/scraping noise, which is apparently covered by a TSB. My regular dealer is Hempstead but they are so backed up its impossible to even get an appointment.

If anyone else has experience getting this issue addressed on Long Island I would greatly appreciate your feedback.
Try calling George at Sayville Ford. Tell him Joel sent you

BroncoA512021

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Anyone know when the next Long Island 4x4 class will be held? Anxious to get out on the beach and do some surf casting but have never taken any vehicle out on the beach. Need to learn more about it.
I can meet you one night ad we can go over everything and drive on the beach

CyberOrangeBadlands

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘22 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I can meet you one night ad we can go over everything and drive on the beach
That is very nice of you - thank you.

Let me know when you‘re available or the next time you plan on headed to the beach and I will meet you.

Sponsored

Trooper

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Escape, Infiniti Q50
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Have the same grinding/scraping noise coming from my MT. I purchased from Hassett Ford in Wantagh. Brought my Bronco in for an oil change about 2 weeks ago and they had their transmission tech look at it. He heard the same noise and they ordered the TSB parts to fix. Could not give me a time line as to when they’ll have it though.

They seemed courteous & professional and I was in & out in a few hours. Might want to give them a shot - not too far from Hempstead.

Thanks Joe. I saw that Hassett gets good reviews, and actually dropped my car off there on Wednesday. Today, I get a call back. They acknowledge the grinding sound, but tell me there is nothing they can do unless I am willing to leave my car there for months, until their transmission guy can open it up and diagnose the problem. They tell me only then will they order the TSB parts. Which will take god knows how long.

I am shaking my head in frustration and disbelief. Could I ask you who over there you dealt with?

CyberOrangeBadlands

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘22 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thanks Joe. I saw that Hassett gets good reviews, and actually dropped my car off there on Wednesday. Today, I get a call back. They acknowledge the grinding sound, but tell me there is nothing they can do unless I am willing to leave my car there for months, until their transmission guy can open it up and diagnose the problem. They tell me only then will they order the TSB parts. Which will take god knows how long.

I am shaking my head in frustration and disbelief. Could I ask you who over there you dealt with?
I only spoke to someone at the service desk - think his name was Alex. Never got to speak directly to the transmission tech.

I had a much different experience than you did. When I went in a few weeks ago they were unaware of any MT issues. Before I went in I called Ford directly and had them assign a case # to the problem. So I had the case # from Ford and the TSB List in hand - thanks to the noisy MT thread. Wanted everything documented which was done.

Transmission tech heard the noise and just ordered the parts based on the case# and TSB list I brought in - saying no idea when they are coming in but I am documented and in the queue.

Told me it was safe to drive. For me - the noise does not affect the performance or shifting of the car. Thankfully that is all smooth . . . for now.

There is NO WAY in hell I’m leaving my Bronco there to wait weeks/months (the entire summer?) for the TSB parts to come in - when they can’t even give me a timeline. Making monthly payments on this & not being able to use it? No thanks.

Was told it was safe & performs great. When ALL the parts eventually come in I’ll decide what to do - whenever that might be.

For now - I’m going to enjoy my Bronco that I waited 19 months for. Hope this helps.

Last edited:

rhinojlu

Black Diamond
First Name
Oreste
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Would anyone like some like new OEM rock rails. Just took them off my Black Diamond. I'm replacing them with running boards as this will not be a wheeler. I have a JL for rock crawling. Ill sell them for $400. You can pick them up or we can meet at a convenient location.

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Would anyone like some like new OEM rock rails. Just took them off my Black Diamond. I'm replacing them with running boards as this will not be a wheeler. I have a JL for rock crawling. Ill sell them for $400. You can pick them up or we can meet at a convenient location.
Let us know if you are unloading the steelies.

Sponsored

BroncoA512021

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

That is very nice of you - thank you.

Let me know when you‘re available or the next time you plan on headed to the beach and I will meet you.
This thursday after work?

BroncoA512021

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

CyberOrangeBadlands

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘22 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
We can meet at the entrance to demo at 5:30
Perfect - see you there tomorrow at 5:30.

If you can’t make it please let me know as soon as you can.

Thx Joel.

BroncoA512021

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs