Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Finally made it back out into the Oregon desert for a two night trip. My goal was to find a old cabin (homestead) built by one of the original Oregon settlers. In the second half of the video, I should my minimal overland set up. Enjoy!
Sponsored

tock13

Big Bend
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda, 66 Honda CT90, ā€˜94 Toyota Xtra cab
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Finally made it back out into the Oregon desert for a two night trip. My goal was to find a old cabin (homestead) built by one of the original Oregon settlers. In the second half of the video, I should my minimal overland set up. Enjoy!
Love your content. Exactly the way I like to eat camping!

question on your tent, well I guess more about the hard top. it seems the overall theme here is the OEM top is fragile. i am going to pick up the same tent you have and Iā€™m 6ā€™4ā€ 230ish so Iā€™m wondering how stout the top is.
have you had any issues with cracks or the top feeling a bit overwhelmed with you Iā€™m the tent?

appreciate your thoughts, keep up the awesome content.

OP
OP
B Miller

B Miller

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Love your content. Exactly the way I like to eat camping!

question on your tent, well I guess more about the hard top. it seems the overall theme here is the OEM top is fragile. i am going to pick up the same tent you have and Iā€™m 6ā€™4ā€ 230ish so Iā€™m wondering how stout the top is.
have you had any issues with cracks or the top feeling a bit overwhelmed with you Iā€™m the tent?

appreciate your thoughts, keep up the awesome content.
Thank you for the kind words about my content. It's truly a labor of love.

In regards to the tent, we are the same size. I run the solo version. It's 135 pounds. The Duo version is more like 150 pounds. The ZROADZ roof rack I use is solid as a rock. Highly recommended.

In my opinion the OEM roof is strong. The rack takes most of the weight, but I've had zero problems with the OEM top. The tent stays on year round since it's so light. When I'm in it, everything is sturdy.

Hope this helps!

Last edited:

tock13

Big Bend
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda, 66 Honda CT90, ā€˜94 Toyota Xtra cab
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Thank you for the kind words about my content. It's truly a labor of love.

In regards to the tent, we are the same size. I run the solo version. It's 135 pounds. The Duo version is more like 150 pounds. The ZROADZ roof rack I use is solid as a rock. Highly recommended.

In my opinion the OEM roof is strong. The rack takes most of the weight, but I've had zero problems with the OEM top. The tent stays on year round since it's so light. When I'm in it, everything is sturdy.

Hope this helps!
I appreciate the info. Iā€™m definitely going to check out the rack you mentioned.

Iā€™m up in WA state and you guys in Oregon definitely have a better ā€œeast sideā€ than we do I thinkā€¦ endless miles of desert roads to explore. Your videos have ignited the fire to explore!!

Take care!

OP
OP
B Miller

B Miller

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I appreciate the info. Iā€™m definitely going to check out the rack you mentioned.

Iā€™m up in WA state and you guys in Oregon definitely have a better ā€œeast sideā€ than we do I thinkā€¦ endless miles of desert roads to explore. Your videos have ignited the fire to explore!!

Take care!
Thank you sir, let me know if you ever want to join up for a Oregon desert adventure!
Sponsored