Sponsored

Missing Flex speaker?

Fiigtaco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TRD OR
Anyones tacoma not coming with the flex speaker?
Sponsored

Chileburger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1969 BMW 2002, 1971 BMW 2800cs, 2001, 2024 Taco!
Does your Tacoma have the cavity on the dash where the speaker is supposed to sit? If so then the truck came with one. My dealer pointed out that some had been stolen from vehicles on the lot.

Miqie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 TRD Sport-Bronze oxide
When I test drove mine, the speaker was missing and the salesman said he would order one if I was going to buy it. A few days later when I decided to purchase, it was in the truck. Maybe they got one from another truck on the lot. After a couple weeks of ownership, I would have rather spent the money (of course not an option with Toyota's package system) at an actual audio business and let them put in a better system. The flex speaker is too overpowering, and no good way to turn it down. Tried the 'sound leveling' without success.

OP
OP

Fiigtaco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TRD OR
Yeah checked everywhere, reached out to the dealer and they said Toyota shipped some trucks out without including it? and they’d get back with me

TacoJay

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport
Anyones tacoma not coming with the flex speaker?
My dealer said that there was a recall from JBL, but now most dealerships have them. Mine is reportedly in the mail *now.
My dealer said that each speaker has a VIN# that matches your trucks specific VIN in case of warranty issues or theft. They received 40 speakers (big dealership) and are shipping them out now. The dealership's parts department is handling the distribution/shipping.
Sponsored