Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My 2 Feet
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If you did a 3" spacer and didn't do anything to lower the front differential there is a good chance the vibration is coming from the inner plunge joints on the half shafts. A 3" lift will increase the angle of the half shafts quite a bit and the inner joints aren't true CV joints so they will set up a vibration. The vibration should get a little worse under hard acceleration if the half shafts are the cause. That would be due to the front end lifting during acceleration causing the angle to increase.
i know the OP said he’d check a few others things but I’d circle back to what BadlandsA51 said here. I’m pretty sure 3” exceeds what fords tolerances are. I need to check but something under 1.5” comes to mind
Sponsored

OP
OP
RPiantedosi

RPiantedosi

Wildtrak
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Jaguar XF
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I finally was able to get a jack to pick this thing up. The frame height is 18 inches off the ground so it was a little challenging getting it roughly 25 inches up. Anyways, I did it, rotated the tires and the issue stopped which obviously doesnt completely fix the problem, but for now i know the 2 rear tires are fine. Next steps will be to bring the truck in when it is time to rotate the tires and have a shop road force balance them and see if they can fix it. I appreciate everyone that took the time to try and help me out.

rtazz17

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford bronco big bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
i had same problem after getting new 35s. They were balanced supposedly and at 65 mph vibrations started. I didnt bother to waste my time rotating tires around. Went to a shop that balances 35s, 37s routinely. Vibration gone,80 bucks. Got my money back from previous shop as well after I showed him the numbers. I have a 3.5 inch lift too. Drives smooth as glass now.

Seasnake

Badlands
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Driveshaft !!! You lifted a perfectly good rig 3" the driveshaft must be altered .

OP
OP
RPiantedosi

RPiantedosi

Wildtrak
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Jaguar XF
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Driveshaft !!! You lifted a perfectly good rig 3" the driveshaft must be altered .
After I rotated the tires it drives just as good as the stock lift with 35s, so say what you want, but its not a driveshaft issue.
Sponsored

Last edited: