First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I just want to share that there’s been a few more packages updated for adding a 8 inch kicker comp subwoofer to your existing factory enclosure . We have now added package L which comes with the kicker key 500.1 300 watts @2 ohm with plug & play harness and kicker 8 inch sub . $499
Ford Bronco NEW PACKAGES FOR ADDING 8 INCH KICKER SUB IMG_6256

Also we have package M with musway two.100 amp 370 watts @ 4 ohm bridged , more power than the kicker key and the amp is the size of a iPhone easily mounted next to the subwoofer enclosure $499
Ford Bronco NEW PACKAGES FOR ADDING 8 INCH KICKER SUB IMG_6255
Sponsored

Last edited:

Chrome_Pony

Badlands
First Name
Chrome
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2.3L Badlands High, 2017 LWN Duramax Z71
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hmm. I may need this. My Fusion amp and 6.5" Kicker isn't quite where I want it to be.

Still trying to get the Bronco up to the level and depth of sound my Colorado stereo has.

colonelburke

Wildtrak
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Hmm. I may need this. My Fusion amp and 6.5" Kicker isn't quite where I want it to be.

Still trying to get the Bronco up to the level and depth of sound my Colorado stereo has.
I wonder how this sounds over the 6.75/Fusion combo. And I guess you just have to forscan like you would for the other combo.

Sponsored
OP
OP
plugnplaykits

plugnplaykits

Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
You do not need to do any forscan changes with my Harness​

colonelburke

Wildtrak
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
You do not need to do any forscan changes with my Harness​
Thanks for the reply. I have the sub delete and that is why I asked. Hope to get a response on performance because I am interested.

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I wonder how this sounds over the 6.75/Fusion combo. And I guess you just have to forscan like you would for the other combo.
Yeah so these harnesses tap into the speaker channels up front by the ACM. Which means you have to run the signal cable from the front of the Bronco to the rear of the Bronco. (Hence why the cable itself is so long.)

It's essentially what us 2021/2022 owners had to do, and if you own a 2023.... it bypasses the Ford factory subwoofer wiring completely. Which means no Forscan. (y)

Personally I would rather use Forscan and the factory subwoofer wiring already in the vehicle. Seems easier than popping apart a bunch of trim panels to get the signal wiring installed and ran to the back. But this is a great option for those who don't want to bother with Forscan.

BroncoVegas19

Badlands
First Name
B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I just want to share that there’s been a few more packages updated for adding a 8 inch kicker comp subwoofer to your existing factory enclosure . We have now added package L which comes with the kicker key 500.1 300 watts @2 ohm with plug & play harness and kicker 8 inch sub . $499

Also we have package M with musway two.100 amp 370 watts @ 4 ohm bridged , more power than the kicker key and the amp is the size of a iPhone easily mounted next to the subwoofer enclosure $499
Sorry for the rookie question…
But does package (M) Amp make the
“8 sub louder ?

Sponsored

Eharris55

Outer Banks
First Name
Elgeo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Yeah so these harnesses tap into the speaker channels up front by the ACM. Which means you have to run the signal cable from the front of the Bronco to the rear of the Bronco. (Hence why the cable itself is so long.)

It's essentially what us 2021/2022 owners had to do, and if you own a 2023.... it bypasses the Ford factory subwoofer wiring completely. Which means no Forscan. (y)

Personally I would rather use Forscan and the factory subwoofer wiring already in the vehicle. Seems easier than popping apart a bunch of trim panels to get the signal wiring installed and ran to the back. But this is a great option for those who don't want to bother with Forscan.
For a ’23 with sub delete, do you still need to wire the kicker sub amp to the battery to prevent clipping?

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

For a ’23 with sub delete, do you still need to wire the kicker sub amp to the battery to prevent clipping?
It's not so much a question of clipping as it is a question of having the correct wire gauge to handle the current draw.

The factory power wiring is only a 12-gauge wire... which is only good for amplifiers up to 180-200 watts. So if you install a 500 watt amplifier and run it off of a 12 gauge wire... it's going to get nice and toasty, which could eventually cause the wire insulation to become compromised. Best case scenario and you'll end up with a blown fuse. Worse case—fire.
Sorry for the rookie question…
But does package (M) Amp make the
“8 sub louder ?
Depends on the subwoofer, how you tune the amplifier.

If you have an underpowered amplifier, then your volume will be low and the audio quality may sound like garbage. BUT... there is a point where the amplifier is capable of pushing more power than the subwoofer itself can handle, and you'll end up blowing the subwoofer.

Typical amplifier recommendations for subwoofers:
  • 6.75" Sub - 160 watts
  • 8" Sub - 300 watts
  • 10" Sub - 400 watts
  • 12" Sub - 500 watts
Just check the subwoofer manufacture's specification sheet. They will usually list a recommended power rating. Example from Kicker's website for the CWRT8 below.

Both of the kits listed above are great setups for the subwoofer he is bundling them with.

Ford Bronco NEW PACKAGES FOR ADDING 8 INCH KICKER SUB 1694354695500

Eharris55

Outer Banks
First Name
Elgeo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

It's not so much a question of clipping as it is a question of having the correct wire gauge to handle the current draw.

The factory power wiring is only a 12-gauge wire... which is only good for amplifiers up to 180-200 watts. So if you install a 500 watt amplifier and run it off of a 12 gauge wire... it's going to get nice and toasty, which could eventually cause the wire insulation to become compromised. Best case scenario and you'll end up with a blown fuse. Worse case—fire.

Depends on the subwoofer, how you tune the amplifier.

If you have an underpowered amplifier, then your volume will be low and the audio quality may sound like garbage. BUT... there is a point where the amplifier is capable of pushing more power than the subwoofer itself can handle, and you'll end up blowing the subwoofer.

Typical amplifier recommendations for subwoofers:
  • 6.75" Sub - 160 watts
  • 8" Sub - 300 watts
  • 10" Sub - 400 watts
  • 12" Sub - 500 watts
Just check the subwoofer manufacture's specification sheet. They will usually list a recommended power rating. Example from Kicker's website for the CWRT8 below.

Both of the kits listed above are great setups for the subwoofer he is bundling them with.

Ford Bronco NEW PACKAGES FOR ADDING 8 INCH KICKER SUB 1694354695500
Thanks. Tremendous resource as always.

Chrome_Pony

Badlands
First Name
Chrome
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2.3L Badlands High, 2017 LWN Duramax Z71
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I need a 200.4 amp, a 500.1 amp, the 8" Sub, the amp install kit and remote bass control, along with your plug and play harness(es) @plugnplaykits. Not sure how best to order all that from the dropdown menu on site. Also not sure if the pnp harness is just for the 200.4 or there's another for the 500.1?

I've already replaced all the speakers with Kicker and not getting the depth of sound I want.

I think this is the bulk of what I need, but don't see the remote bass harness. Possible to add?

Ford Bronco NEW PACKAGES FOR ADDING 8 INCH KICKER SUB 1695073979524

Last edited: