• ⛔️ EFFECTIVE JANUARY 10, 2023 ⛔️ 

ATTENTION SELLERS: All users who wish to sell in the marketplace are now required to abide by the following RULES. If a sales thread/post created ON OR AFTER January 10, 2023, does not comply, it is subject to DELETION without notice.

ATTENTION BUYERS: If you see a non-compliant sales thread, please REPORT the thread and take CAUTION when transacting.

Rule #1 - Post a picture of the actual item you are selling (NO stock photos).
    Rule #2 - The picture must include a REAL piece of paper with your Username and the Date written on it next to the product you are selling. NO photoshop or digitally edited photos are allowed.
    Rule #3 - NO "feeler" threads are permitted. This section is only for items that are actually available and ready to be sold currently.
    Rule #4 - The listing must include an asking price. OBO (or best offer) is allowed but it must be accompanied by an asking price.
    Rule #5 - No "threadcrapping." Classifieds threads are not meant for negative discussions. Comments on pricing are not allowed. Only people with genuine questions and interest in the item for sale should be posting in the classifieds threads.
Sponsored

Sold: Georgia New tire/wheels question on sizing up

Tonzafun

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1987 Bronco XLT, 2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Folks,

I have been enjoying my 21 Badlands Bronco since purchase to the fullest. I haven't done anything to it yet but the purse strings are loosening and the first thing I would like to tackle is putting new wheels/tires on the Bronco.

I have a 21 Badlands non SAS manual 4cyl 2.3l engine. It came with the 17" wheels and 33" tires.

I would like to put the 17" beadlock wheels on with 35" tires. I am massively fearful of ruining my dream vehicle so I turn to this group of more knowledgeable folks for help. I know that I would need to remove the crash bars to make it work from what I have read on the forums here, I just want to make sure that I understand the rest of the undertaking necessary. I don't want to ruin the vehicle. What other things would I need to do to ensure proper installation of the larger tires?
Sponsored

NJNMDoc

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I think the mods need to move your post from the marketplace section to the forum main page.

OP
OP
Tonzafun

Tonzafun

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1987 Bronco XLT, 2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You're correct, I selected the wrong forum, thanks.

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Folks,

I have been enjoying my 21 Badlands Bronco since purchase to the fullest. I haven't done anything to it yet but the purse strings are loosening and the first thing I would like to tackle is putting new wheels/tires on the Bronco.

I have a 21 Badlands non SAS manual 4cyl 2.3l engine. It came with the 17" wheels and 33" tires.

I would like to put the 17" beadlock wheels on with 35" tires. I am massively fearful of ruining my dream vehicle so I turn to this group of more knowledgeable folks for help. I know that I would need to remove the crash bars to make it work from what I have read on the forums here, I just want to make sure that I understand the rest of the undertaking necessary. I don't want to ruin the vehicle. What other things would I need to do to ensure proper installation of the larger tires?
My first question to you is, what kind of off-roading are you anticipating that you will be doing? A 33" tire will get you through a lot of pretty rugged terrain. Tire placement and the path you pick will have a much greater effect than one additional inch of ground clearance.

I typically air down to 23-25 PSI. I had considered bead locks, but they are unnecessary at that PSI. If your anticipated terrain calls for you do drop down to 12, that would be a different matter. Keep in mind that you generally don't want to operate on-road with your tires in the bead lock setting. The Bronco OEM beadlocks may address this, but it's considered safer nonetheless. Some beadlock wheels aren't even street legal.

If you are pretty certain you need 35s for the extra ground clearance, it certainly doesn't hurt to get beadlocks while you're spending the money. But I think I would add to your skid plate protection before I changed wheels and tires. Cover the transmission and consider some suspension protection as well.
Sponsored