scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Just returned to Florida from the U.P. with my 2023 4-dr. Wildtrak. Previous owner of a moderately-built 2010 JKU and then a 2014 JK Rubicon. Decided I wanted to get back to a 4-dr. and chose the Bronco over a JL. I had intended to order a 2024 Black Diamond with Sasquatch but then the strike happened and ended up buying the Wildtrak that was on the lot in Michigan. Paid more than I wanted, but I wasn't prepared to wait out the ordering process with the unknown timeframe due to the strike.

I will be spending half the year in NE Florida and half the year in the U.P. so hopefully get to experience some of the best of both worlds. I know from my previous jeep off-roading there are limited places in Florida that don't involve a lot of mud and water (which I try to avoid) so I would travel to Windrock, Gulches, Choccolocco, Morris Mountain, etc. for some off-road fun. I have no off-roading experience in the U.P. I will probably not do many mods to my Bronco so my rock crawling days are probably behind me, but hopefully do some light trail-riding, camping, etc. Recently retired so I have time.

Anyway, glad to be part of the Bronco family (owner of a 1987 Bronco II back in the day) so it feels like I have come full circle.

Ford Bronco New Wildtrak in NE Florida & the U.P. 20231001_184637
Sponsored

CaptDan

Wildtrak
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a bunch
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Not sure where you are in NE Florida, there is a Fakebook group based out of Jacksonville that is pretty active in that area - 904 Jax Broncos - I belong but they are just a bit far for me to do too much with them, I'm citrus county on the west coast

OP
OP
scolumbo

scolumbo

Wildtrak
First Name
scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Welcome to a fellow WT owner. You will love it, the HOSS 3.0 is great.
Once I aired down the tires a little after driving off the lot (they were at 50 psi), I couldn't believe how smooth the Bronco drove on the 1500 mile drive back to Florida. I haven't really been off-road yet except a few aggregate roads in the U.P. but may at least do a little beach driving soon.

OP
OP
scolumbo

scolumbo

Wildtrak
First Name
scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Not sure where you are in NE Florida, there is a Fakebook group based out of Jacksonville that is pretty active in that area - 904 Jax Broncos - I belong but they are just a bit far for me to do too much with them, I'm citrus county on the west coast
I'm in Jacksonville but not really a FB guy. There are 3 or 4 active jeep groups here so hoping there may be one for Broncos soon if not already. My former jeep club was jeeps only so I may not be welcome there. :cool:

Sponsored

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

As mentioned, the local group is 904JaxBroncos. All communication is via FB. There is always some meet-up or ride organized. They frequent Hard Rock with group rides.

Another is Florida Trail Stompers - also on FB. They have organized events/rides in Florida. But they also organize out-of-state stomping trips. Those are limited participants due to logistics. But they just listed the slate of next year's events out of state. They are not vehicle exclusive events though most are Jeep owners.

OP
OP
scolumbo

scolumbo

Wildtrak
First Name
scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

As mentioned, the local group is 904JaxBroncos. All communication is via FB. There is always some meet-up or ride organized. They frequent Hard Rock with group rides.

Another is Florida Trail Stompers - also on FB. They have organized events/rides in Florida. But they also organize out-of-state stomping trips. Those are limited participants due to logistics. But they just listed the slate of next year's events out of state. They are not vehicle exclusive events though most are Jeep owners.
Thanks, that may force me to join facebook again if I want to participate. I do have a few jeep buddies that I am sure I can go wheeling with, but they like rock crawling at Windrock and other places, and I am not sure I am ready to bash my new wildtrak on the rocks. Thanks for the info.

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Thanks, that may force me to join facebook again if I want to participate. I do have a few jeep buddies that I am sure I can go wheeling with, but they like rock crawling at Windrock and other places, and I am not sure I am ready to bash my new wildtrak on the rocks. Thanks for the info.
Windrock is a large place - not all is crawling on rocks. Florida Trail Stompers has an event next year at Windrock along with other locations out of state.

One note of caution - FTS is strict with Tread Lightly principles which I respect. If you are inclined to "send it" and tear up some trails, don't bother joining.

OP
OP
scolumbo

scolumbo

Wildtrak
First Name
scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Windrock is a large place - not all is crawling on rocks. Florida Trail Stompers has an event next year at Windrock along with other locations out of state.

One note of caution - FTS is strict with Tread Lightly principles which I respect. If you are inclined to "send it" and tear up some trails, don't bother joining.
I've been to Windrock many times, so I am aware of many of the trails. Been to a couple of Jeep Jamborees there too. Some rocks, some mud, some easier trails. It's one of my favorite places in the southeast. I am also a strong proponent of Tread Lightly. Just wish some of the side-by-sides there felt the same way.

My point is I will not be doing much, if any, rock crawling in this vehicle.

Last edited:

Discount Tire

Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
discountti.re
Vehicle(s)
All Things FORD
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Thanks for joining in and giving us a little bit of a background about yourself @scolumbo!

That is a great looking rig and we appreciate you sharing a photo with us!
Sponsored