Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

My Bronco has developed strange braking behavior lately. Sometimes, if I bring the vehicle to a stop, there seems to be two levels of braking despite the brake pedal pressure remaining constant. It's like from 5 mph to 0, something grabs harder. The vehicle slightly jolts when it happens. Then when I accelerate from a stop the behavior reverses. Does anybody know why this might be happening? I swear it never used to do this but now it's happening frequently.
Sponsored

KABQ

Base
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'93 4Runner, '84 Vanagon, '93 Miata, '14 LittleGuy
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I think it's the aggressive downshift to first. Mine does it as well. If you really pay attention it does it to lesser degree when it grabs second as well

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
My Bronco has developed strange braking behavior lately. Sometimes, if I bring the vehicle to a stop, there seems to be two levels of braking despite the brake pedal pressure remaining constant. It's like from 5 mph to 0, something grabs harder. The vehicle slightly jolts when it happens. Then when I accelerate from a stop the behavior reverses. Does anybody know why this might be happening? I swear it never used to do this but now it's happening frequently.
Hi there! I can look into your Bronco's concern on my end. To get started, could you please send a private message over with the name/location of your local Ford dealer and your Bronco's VIN?

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I think it's the aggressive downshift to first. Mine does it as well. If you really pay attention it does it to lesser degree when it grabs second as well
The transmission does have a "learning" function but there's also a seldom discussed "teaching" function that the 10AT does where it teaches you how much an automatic transmission can suck. It "learned" this while figuring out how to go 25 mph, uphill, in 10th gear.

To the OP, when you're slowing down, just hold the clutch pedal in and see if you get the same unusual modulation from the brakes while in neutral. Could be air in the lines or a proportioning valve not functioning properly at the master.

Zstngz

Base
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Boss 302, Datsun Z, Merc E350
Your Bronco Model
Base
Same on mine.
Sponsored