Sponsored

taco4moro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Off Road Premium
From @mjmotorsports808 on instagram.

Hawaii has more oem options available than the multiple dealers I've tried to order from in socal?

2024 Tacoma OEM Trifold Hard Tonneau Cover installed on 4th Gen Tacoma - spotted in Hawaii Toyota OEM Trifold Hard Tonneau Cover 1

2024 Tacoma OEM Trifold Hard Tonneau Cover installed on 4th Gen Tacoma - spotted in Hawaii Toyota OEM Trifold Hard Tonneau Cover 3

Sponsored

bml42

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Tacoma TRD Sport (6MT)
So itā€™s settled. I just need to go to Hawaii to get oneā€¦ I guess if I have to take one for the team there are worse problems to have?

BourbonRunner

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport, German Money Pit, Rusty Toyota
Toyota of Hawaii is/was a separate entity that predates Toyota of North America.

If you search around you can find all sorts of forum entries about Toyota Hawaii and Toyota North America not interacting properly with VINs, parts orders, and so on.

Toyota Hawaii also deals directly with Toyota in Japan for parts and vehicles rather than routing through Toyota NA and its multiple regions and inherent bureaucracy, and in many cases would bring in JDM OEM parts interchangeably with USDM parts.

When I had a first gen 4Runner it was just as easy to find an OEM bumper bar from a JDM Hilux Surf as it was off a Hawaiian 4Runner. Issue then was the Hawaiian dealers won't ship to the mainland because of the Toyota NA territory agreements.

Also heard that military personnel who imported their personally owned Toyotas to Hawaii during their tours would not be able to get their Toyota extended warranties to cover but can't confirm.

Drakka01

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Solar Octane Tacoma TRD Off-Road
That looks soooo much better than the clunky 3rd gen OEM hard covers. Trifold not my favorite because the room they take when opened but I wouldn't have been mad if mine had that one bundled.