First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang Ecoboost PP
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Hey y’all, I’m from the Akron area and recently scored a Big Bend 2dr SAS and have been DYING to test it out off-road. Anyone want to loan me their property this weekend or have any recommendations for where I can go within a short ish drive of the Akron area? I’ve been to Southington (JeepSkool) but I used to take an XJ there and I feel like the silica sand is so abrasive it just destroys various components over time. So want to avoid that.
Sponsored

WCP-82

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hey y’all, I’m from the Akron area and recently scored a Big Bend 2dr SAS and have been DYING to test it out off-road. Anyone want to loan me their property this weekend or have any recommendations for where I can go within a short ish drive of the Akron area? I’ve been to Southington (JeepSkool) but I used to take an XJ there and I feel like the silica sand is so abrasive it just destroys various components over time. So want to avoid that.
Have you heard of Wellsville? My brother runs his jeep down there. I haven't personally been there. I know a couple of people that run side by sides there. It is basically old strip mines and owned by utility companies I believe. It is not any kind of official off road park. I have not asked my brother too much about it but from what I understand it is pretty hard core wheeling but very unorganized. A couple of private land owners set up make shift camping sites on the fringe. Imagine SE Ohio hillbilly amusement park with BYOB.

My brother talks it up all the time. I haven't gone with him but he can't wait for me to get the Bronco. He goes down for day trips and not the drink fests around the campfires. The reason I haven't asked too much about it is because I don't have a clue when I am getting my Bronco.

It would be about an hour and a half drive for you. I live in Massillon for reference.