Cliff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I tried this and it fixed it. Not really a high five but more like a gentle tap. It’s been working ever since. Hopefully it just keeps working.
I dunno why it works, but all of the wire connections were nice and tight with mine. I'm assuming it's something loose inside the camera itself that needs jostled before it gets power or whatever. A new camera would probably fix the problem, but replacements are north of $300, and all of the cameras have had the same self-resolving problem at least a time or two. That's a lot of money for an extremely intermittent problem that can be solved with a slap, and one that the dealership will likely never be able to replicate for warranty work.
Sponsored

Jazer

Outer Banks
First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.7 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Has anyone figured out a common failure point that causes this? Mine is still working intermittently and I'd like to fix it properly. The dealer could see a fault saved in the system but it was behaving when I had it there, so everything checked out when they tested each part. They need to test it when it's misbehaving which would involve leaving my car there for a week+.

I've seen this mentioned quite a bit, so if there is a common failure point that is usually the suspect, It might be worth replacing on my own. Anyone have any suggestions?

Mystery

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I am in the same boat. My front camera on an OBX has been out consistently until I took it to the dealer and got a "cannot replicate". Since then I have had it happen to me numerous times and I finally got it back to the dealer to have them see it but it wasn't in for service but is now at least documented on their camera because they couldn't do anything of my videos or pictures taken from my camera. Fingers crossed this gets resolved for everyone soon but if it is anything like my speaker housing it will take more than a year (and counting) to get parts.

Flurry

Outer Banks
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Hey there. I can look into your Bronco’s camera concerns on my end if you’d like. Will you send us a private message with your VIN and dealership info?
Same issue since most recent update.

IMG_4633.jpeg

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I am in the same boat. My front camera on an OBX has been out consistently until I took it to the dealer and got a "cannot replicate". Since then I have had it happen to me numerous times and I finally got it back to the dealer to have them see it but it wasn't in for service but is now at least documented on their camera because they couldn't do anything of my videos or pictures taken from my camera. Fingers crossed this gets resolved for everyone soon but if it is anything like my speaker housing it will take more than a year (and counting) to get parts.
Hey, Mark! I can take a closer look into your front camera concerns if you'd like. Can you send us a PM with your VIN and the dealership name/location? To send a private message, just click on our username and select "Start Conversation".

Sponsored

BootyWizard

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco 2 Door Wildtrak | 1994 Toyota 4Runner.
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Hey, Mark! I can take a closer look into your front camera concerns if you'd like. Can you send us a PM with your VIN and the dealership name/location? To send a private message, just click on our username and select "Start Conversation".
I am facing the same issue. I believe this is a software problem.

Flurry

Outer Banks
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Had mine checked out by Ford and was told it was a dead camera. Warranty covered the replacement.

Jazer

Outer Banks
First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.7 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Had mine checked out by Ford and was told it was a dead camera. Warranty covered the replacement.
It is! My dealer was finally able to replicate the issue and replaced the front camera under warranty. It's worked flawlessly since!

j_anderson

Outer Banks
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I took a video and sent it to the service manager when I was having this issue. They couldn't reproduce it when it was in the shop (no surprise) but my video was pretty clear there was something going on.

I set my phone on the center armrest and got out of the vehicle, walked to the front and tapped the camera and then it turned on. They replaced it under warranty

foreWard

Badlands
First Name
Ward
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep GC Trailhawk, 2003 Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

my front camera comes and goes as it sees fit.....I'll get the dealership to check it out at the next service, but it will probably work that day....

Sponsored

Jazer

Outer Banks
First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.7 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

my front camera comes and goes as it sees fit.....I'll get the dealership to check it out at the next service, but it will probably work that day....
Unfortunately that's what happened with mine the first time, but eventually they were able to replicate it on a return visit. Good luck!

Flurry

Outer Banks
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Same. Took it in for 2 oil changes, 10k miles apart and the dealership’s “camera guy” wasn’t there either day. Popped in once, after calling and verifying he was there and oddly he just had a kid and was off on parental leave. Turns out I was just going to the wrong dealership. Tried another and got it handled.
Sponsored