First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 jku rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Is there a way to find out what’s wrong with my 2.3 Bronco. I’ve called and stopped by and called. They are working on the problem with engineering. I dropped off 3 weeks ago Saturday to be scheduled to work on following Tuesday. I want to know what Ford knows, do I have that right. Will my vin be in the system and be able to spit out what’s going on. I really don’t feel I’m getting the whole story from the dealer. Last I heard they were to change the fuel injector for the number 1 cylinder and will need it to drive over the weekend. I’ve watched the fuel level go down on the FordPass and only 1 mile added in over two weeks.

I would also add that the dash and FordPass wanted it to be serviced. My wife added that it would feel a little off when first started in morning. I didn’t feel, hear, or sense a misfire, but I never had it for first morning start.
Sponsored

Espy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ranger XLT Tremor
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I had P0301 on my Ram 1500 last year.

I thought it was plugs because the truck was at 200K miles. Nope.

Service shop thought it was fuel injector so they swapped 2 of them. Nope.

Eventually they determined a flat spot on the cam was preventing the lifter from fully opening.

It's a process to chase down that code. I would go ahead and ask the dealer where you're at. Mine was 3 weeks to diagnose and repair - not using a warranty.

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
P0301 is misfire cylinder 1.

Main suspects are the plug, coil, injector. Since it's a Ford, my first thought is the coil. Ford uses Coil on Plug (COP) which are notoriously awful. Went through dozens of the damn things on my Expedition.

OP
OP
noliveaxle

noliveaxle

Badlands
First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 jku rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I had P0301 on my Ram 1500 last year.

I thought it was plugs because the truck was at 200K miles. Nope.

Service shop thought it was fuel injector so they swapped 2 of them. Nope.

Eventually they determined a flat spot on the cam was preventing the lifter from fully opening.

It's a process to chase down that code. I would go ahead and ask the dealer where you're at. Mine was 3 weeks to diagnose and repair - not using a warranty.
Thanks for your story. I will let it play out and hopefully they figure it out soon. I’ve asked for updates on phone and in person. They contact my wife even though I gave them my cell number and asked them to contact me. I was even very nice about it and told them I was in no hurry. I did have a problem with one of the writers over 10 years ago. I wonder if I have a black mark next to my name. Lol.
Sponsored